Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
http://www.malibuboats.com/news/show/27
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-03-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
i would so rock the vette boat
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-03-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
$47k for that Sunscape 20 LSV is exactly $5k more than I was quoted for an '08 Wakesetter VTX... through a dealer... six months ago!

If this is what factory-direct pricing is about, I'll pass.
Old     (freerider22)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-03-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
Wow dealers must be stoked.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-03-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
Nice try. You should read further down the page.

"Boats will be shipped to, and delivered through the buyers nearest Malibu Boats dealer. The buyer will be responsible for all additional fees such as taxes, registration, prep, and any other applicable fees. Boats will be bought from local Malibu dealers. All financing and paperwork will be done through that dealer. Trades will not be accepted for these boats."

AKA - the dealer actually sells the boat.

(Message edited by cavlxenvy on May 03, 2009)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2009, 9:35 PM Reply   
So insted of a nice facroty direct buy they make you dick around with a dealer.... awesome.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-04-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
Yea its crazy. Its almost like they want to help their dealers stay in business.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-04-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
I'm sure they are boats that the dealers don't want....
Old     (chuckc983)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-04-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
I think 80k is still a tough sell on the Vette - sure it is a cool boat - but what exactly would you use it for? A 500hp boat that tops out at maybe 60 and does not do well in chop. Interesting concept - but a tough sell.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-05-2009, 2:52 AM Reply   
Is this just typical marketing smoke and mirrors? I don't get it.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-05-2009, 3:25 AM Reply   
Dealers are loaded with inventory and floorplan financing is limited. This is just another way to market and move some boats. Malibu owns the boat and dealer never has to pay floorplan interest.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-05-2009, 5:06 AM Reply   
Exactly George. And like stated above, most of the boats are leftovers dealers don't want. The vlxs, v-rides, etc. are already sold.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-05-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
If you did not buy a VTX for 42K then I would question the validity of your quote.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
Its pretty simple they built these boats and dealers did not pick them up so their trying to unload them. You guys wishing for factory direct can wish in one hand, crap in another rub them together and see what you get...it's never gonna happen?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-05-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
lol
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-05-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
Wow such foolish things posted so far. Sure it is great at marketing cause now they just got me to sign up for their e-mail alert. I think this is a great idea. Its a great way to move boats and the dealer makes some money and does little work.

In simpler terms for some people Malibu sells boats...dealer makes money? I didnt see anything about buy a Malibu and get a 25k credit 3 years from now if you do the following 45 things...lol
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-05-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
Bret... Why do you find it so hard to believe that I was offered a VTX at $42k? In fact, I had my choice of 7 of them at that price... all in primary colors (red, black, yellow, etc.).

Is it so hard to believe that I liked my MB better and made my boat buying decision accordingly?

PM me if you still don't believe. I'll give you dealer, salesman, even pics they emailed me. Who knows... maybe they have some left. Then when you don't buy one because you prefer your Supra, I can question your integrity the way you've questioned mine. Deal?
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-05-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
I sell Malibu, so it is very hard for me to beleive that a dealer would sell them for that kind of loss. I guess it happens, but you make it sound like that is what they go for. And how much did you pay for your MB? I have to beleive it was more than 42K
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-05-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
who cares how much he spent bret? he bought a boat that hes happy with and i doubt he cares what you have to say
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
There are opportunities from all manufactures right now to save a ton of money for whatever reason.

I'll back up (ixfe) on his claim of having the opportunity to purchase a VTX at $42k, I don't know of his deal in particular, but I do know that at a certain time one or more could be bought for that. That window of opportunity has pretty much closed itself now, or at least there are only a few left on the market, but no question that the opportunity was there.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-05-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
Bret... since it seems you still don't believe me, here's a hint... a certain dealer on the West Coast went BK and Malibu took back 100+ boats worth of inventory (it was a very big dealer, you see) and redistributed those boats to a few, select dealers in various parts of the country. As a dealer, I'm sure you heard about it, even if you weren't one of the chosen ones.

Bottom line is that those dealers were able to move those boats at great pricing... as Nate said above, it was a small window of opportunity, but it was there, and this wasn't for obscure models either... I'm talking '07 and '08 VTX, VLX and LSV that were good colors, well equipped and still wrapped in plastic. The best part... since the boats were "leftovers" the dealers who had them were free to sell to customers in other "jurisdictions."

I didn't mean to imply that VTX's go for $42k all day, every day. But since this thread is about hard-to-move, leftover units, I think the quotes I received are a great comp. That Sunscape 20 LSV is what we pricing professionals call "brown bananas." No way that boat should sell for $47k. Not when it's an obscure, leftover model with 26 hours on it, NO TOWER, and NO BALLAST. If Malibu can sell an '08 VTX for $42k six months ago, they can do better on the Sunscape... a lot better. That is the point I was trying to make.

Now... For some reason you feel the need to call into question my boat buying decision.... I don't see how my choice of an MB is relevant to Sunscape or VTX pricing. But you asked for it, so here goes...

I know it's hard for you to believe... you'll have to put down that cup of Malibu Kool-Aid you are clutching... but I bought the MB despite the smoking VTX quotes. That's right, I thought I wanted a Malibu my whole life until I demo'd them both back to back. The VTX is a sweet boat, but the MB won hands down (at least in this owner's mind). Before learning about and driving MB's new Team Wide Body... I was 99% sold on the idea of buying a VTX. The MB was just better and I couldn't deny it no matter how badly I thought I wanted tribal graphics and an illusion tower

If you want the blow by blow, go read this thread. I detailed the whole process including pics, write-ups, etc. It's a long thread, but a good read if you want to follow a logical, methodical purchase process.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/664773.html

Finally, your disbelief that anybody would walk away from a $42k VTX tells me a lot about your bias. Are you so arrogant to believe that the only reason people don't buy Malibu is because of money?
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-06-2009, 12:54 AM Reply   
This is getting good...
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-06-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
I will agree that a few were available from copes for close to that price however that was with nothing but the boat and trailer. Any tower options etc. were extra. They are long gone now. The factory direct pricing is for boats like the 247 rx that nobody wants.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-06-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
I don't give a crap what you baught. And after going back and reading your comparison post you stated that the boat at 42.5K was not well equiped at all. I just wondered where these prices were coming from and if they were legit. I know more than enough about the buy back boats and the like. You picked what you like, which is the perfect boat for you. I acctualy like my Supra. I just happened to chime in on the validity of pricing and you call me arrogant. I thought this was interesting. A quote from your post "Make sense? I guess it need to go test drive, although I'm a rookie so I don't think the test drive will matter. I don't really know what to look for. I know I will love BOTH." Ease up man. I didn't try to start a battle. You want to win, you win. BIG FREAKIN DEAL..