Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    SamIngram            01-30-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Sam, are you just willfully ignorant, or so consumed with your own beliefs that you can't understand anything that doesn't match up precisely?

1) I don't think Obama is going to cut spending. Nor have I ever said that. Assertion not proven.
2) I don't think people who pay capital gains tax should pay a different rate than earners.
3) This country wasn't built on "values" that involve undermining the security of the country by running a huge deficit economy.

And BTW nothing you have ever said has worked in history.
No

1. You are the one who said that you would vote for Obama, which would further worsen the situation.
Quote:
I'll vote for Obama because Romney thinks 15% capital gains tax is fine because it benefits the rich the most.
2. They already paid the same rate when they made the original money that they invested. Somehow, you think it is a good idea to tax investors twice. What you fail to understand is that the money they invest is at risk and that they could lose it all.
3. I will agree with you on the deficit; however, mass spending cuts have to come first. We should actually follow the Constitution AND its meaning. We shouldn't be subsidizing everyone and everything.

The basis for this thread is that someone has, while someone else doesn't, and they are complaining about it. The ideals that you, and others here, seem to be espousing are those of social justice and legislating to the lowest common denominator. I don't know if you are purposefully espousing these ideals or not, but without clarification, they represent nothing but JEALOUSY and IGNORANCE!.

With statements like this,

Quote:
I'll vote for Obama because Romney thinks 15% capital gains tax is fine because it benefits the rich the most.
people here don't know what you stand for or what you mean. Others perceive your ideas for what they seem, and parrot them back,

Quote:
"This thread represents two things:

JEALOUSY and IGNORANCE"

I agree 100%.

Seems like a lot of people on here are jealous of the poor for receiving welfare benefits.
Seems like a lot of people on here are ignorant when it comes to reducing the defecit.
showing nothing but JEALOUSY and IGNORANCE!

Because you can't effectively communicate your ideals, you give people the wrong impression. When someone calls you out on the ideals that you seem to be communicating, you call foul and say that is not what you believe - you do it in every thread. Before you know it, some young fool is parroting back what they think the cool old guy is saying.

IMO opinion, I think you actually believe in what you seem to be communicating and don't have the ability to justify your opinion when someone calls you out on it. Instead of defending your position, you change the subject, divert, or do anything else so that you don't have to defend your position. You will often pick one part of someone's post to attack, instead of attacking the idea behind the entire post. By doing this, you divert the context of the argument from your unjustifiable position and on to one little part of the greater argument. You may not know you are doing it, but you do. See how above you are accused of arguing in a circle arguments? People with this mindset shouldn't feel bad though, because no justification for the argument exists and history shows this.