Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Have been reading this board all summer but this is my first post. Last Sat I pulled a jump and I guess I had my front leg straight when I landed. It dislocated my right hip backwards. Dr. said it was the same as a car crash from getting knees hit from the dash board. Is this just a freak accident? I know once you pop a shoulder out it comes out easier next time. Is it the same with a hip? Is there anything I can do to get it stronger for next year?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-27-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
I'm sure there are exercises to strengthen up the muscles around the joint, ask a Physical Therapist or your Dr.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
... too much accident for me....
(once again, excuse my english)
You're gonna have to make some exercises to reinforce your hips with physiotherapy and keep going by yourself after that!!! Too much guys skip the warm up and go big at the start... it doesn't help!!!
Keep smiling, land as relax as you can... maybe it was just a bad luck!!!
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
Thanks, wasn't sure who I needed to get exercises from. I thought it was just a freak thing. Wasn't my biggest jump ever and it was towards the end of the day, so I was stretched pretty well. Hadn't heard of this happening, thought my knee would go before this. I just really don't want this to end my ability to ride.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
You're 28, not 68, so you'll come back strong!!!
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Thanks biglap. You guys helped alot. I've been pretty bummed the last couple of days.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
It's normal dude... watch some movies of wakeboarding, read some magazines, post some messages... it help me during the winter (6 months here in quebec)!!!! It can help you!!!!