Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
I saw mine land his Monday. He stomped two HS backrolls twenty minutes into his set and called it a day (couldn't get any better for him at that point I guess). Those of you who have been there know how I felt.

Gas for boat $50, sunglasses at the bottom of the lake $85, seeing your son land his first invert....Priceless!!

I witnessed his first 360 earlier this summer. He was definately more excited over the invert though.

You remember the day you witnessed the same?
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-22-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
It's great being on the boat to witness anybody's first. Kind of like being in a 4some where some one gets an ACE in golf. One of my fav wakeboard moments was seeing my 14yo land a tantrum in a tourney just a week after learning it for the first time. He was pumped.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-22-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
That's great, my kid learned a TS3 before he finally landed a tantrum as well.

It's a feeling that never gets old whether it's the first or the 50th.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-22-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
The 1st invert for my son was great, but in the last month or so(6 years later) hs 7, ts 9, hsbs 5, have been just as awsome.
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       08-22-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
i wish i was good at wakeboarding so my dad could see me land an invert... actually he has yet to see me clear the wake cause i kinda suck.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2007, 11:31 PM Reply   
George, are your children sponsered?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-23-2007, 3:47 AM Reply   
Chase, he is on the Centurion Boat team and the CWB faction Southeast regional team. Sponsored means alot of different things in this business. He doesn't receive any paychecks. I still have to buy a boat. Sponsorship changes as riders progress and have podium finishes, create a name for themselves, and influence others to buy their sponsors products.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
George, did your son compete in the No Worris Tour down in Wetumpka, AL this year? There was a Philip Aslinger that won the overall outlaw division there.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-23-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
I still remember, Shasta 6 years ago, t/s front roll, it was pretty cool.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-23-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Allen, I'm sure that was Philip...I know he went down to Alabama about a month ago and won.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-23-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
Allen, Yes thatwas Phillip.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
George and Loren...Yeah, I remember seeing him ride there. He really threw down against some very good riders in that outlaw class. My son competed there in the intermediate class in the first two events.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-23-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
George, Phillip is landing ts 9s and hs 7s now??? That is awesome. Last month when I came up there, he was having trouble landing what used to be a stock ts 7 for him. One month later he has a 9 and hs 7? I remember asking him why he didn't go for 9s and he thought he couldn't do them. Do you have any video? I wish him the best of luck on the tour next year.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-23-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
Leo, Started getting the 7 back just after you were here, landed the first 9 on August 4th, and HS 7 this week. Neither are 100% but making progress on consistency. I haven't shot any video the last few times out.