Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (yeldarb)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-15-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
Anyone know of any sunglasses that will float? I lost my third pair of Oakleys in the lake today..

Preferably ones that I could get a prescription in.
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       07-15-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
I just use the croakies (sunglass keepers) that float had the same problem and haven't lost a pair since.
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
Not to mention super stylish!!
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
Bomber sunglasses float. They don't cost that much, and I don't think they would be prescription available

http://www.bglasses.com/
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-15-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
LX Eyewear makes a few that float

http://www.lxeyewear.com/index.php?p_id=21
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-15-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
Im with Brad, I contributed 2 pairs of Spys to the bottom of the lake habit.
Old     (sanchezian16)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-15-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
i know overtons sells some...they might sell the bombers, i too have experienced losing oakleys to the harsh water...sucks
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
just tape some water wings on the sides.lol.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
You can get the Bomber sunglasses or any sunglasses and have RX lenses put in them here:

http://www.eyeglassdirect.com/Yourownglass.html

I bought the Bomber glasses and had rx lense put in them but will tell you the Bomber frames are not that durable. Two frames broke in less than 6 months. They replace them free of charge so I am a happy customer.
Old    malibu73            07-16-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Just curious how do you guys lose your glasses over the side? I have yet to do it, but would like to avoid it in the future.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Here are the last three ways I have made donations to the lake floor.

Brother pushes me off the deck with glasses on. He goes in with me BTW. Jump in the water and forget that I was wearing glasses. Jump in the water with glasses thinking the croakies will stay on only to discover that croakies do not always stay on.
Old     (hyperlitefan)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
I had went to an island once and we were exploring about four of us discovers hornets and all ran to the water and lost our sunglasses. Trying to get away from the hornets. We estimated about 750 dollars down on the bottom.
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
so would you say bombers are worth getting b/c i am thinking about getting some A-bombs
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
I got some chili peppers sunglasses that I only wear on the boat. They float and they are polarized (a must for driving the boat). Got them at REI. Work for me.
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
wat kind of chili's were they
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
Sorry justin, i just tried them in a sink full of water and they do not float. Ha. Guess the salesman didn't know WTF he was talking about. But the polarized is a must. Sorry for the confusion. they are chilis bouys, like it matters now.
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
o that is okay robert, but does anybody think the a-bombs are worth getting b/c today only they have free shipping and i want to get them.
Old     (yeldarb)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
"Just curious how do you guys lose your glasses over the side? I have yet to do it, but would like to avoid it in the future."

The first two I had them on the top of my hat and my hat blew into the lake off my head (wind got under the bill). The hat floated.. glasses did not.

And yesterday I was leaning over the edge while we were stopped to splash some water on my face and I must have bumped them with my shoulder or something (rollers?).. I'm not sure, but one second they were on the next I saw them hit the water. It was a double whammy too because I dove in after them without sinking and my cell phone was in my pocket.

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to get a pair of the floating LX's.
Old     (futurerx)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
body glove makes some..you can also go to a fabric store and get stick on material that floats..it's not super stylish but you can put it on the inside of the frames..i highly suggest cheap sunglasses on the boat! i've learned my lesson!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-16-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
I always go to the GI Surplus Supply stores to get 6 dollar aviators to rock on the boat. I've blown through like 50 bucks worth in the last 4 years, but haven't lost any of my expensive ones.
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-16-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
I agree with the novel idea....Don't wear expensive sunglasses out on the boat! They are bound to be lost, even if they float. There are plenty of $5-10 sunglasses that are polarized and seem to do just fine.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-17-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
I remember one day out on the boat I lost a pair of oakleys, a new G shock watch and a reef sandal. That was like £250 down the drain that day!
Old     (yeldarb)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
I got my LX's in the mail today, they're pretty nice. They're really light, polarized, don't look to shabby, and they really do float :-) I might order the other frame as a backup.