Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-03-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
I have two weeks locked in for wakeboard camps on Lake Powell and I'm checking preliminary interest before we launch the website and our marketing efforts. (This is all to raise funds and awareness for our youth and teen camps - info to be released soon).

The weeks are July 28-August 11, with a stop on the 4th to unload/reload students. Each week is a full 7 days.

Initial pricing is (all-inclusive) $1199 per person (per week) with a maximum of 12 riders each week, 6 to a boat, max. Unless you live in Denver, you would probably need to provide your own transportation to and from Powell. If I can work a better deal on the boat (10k/week) the price can go down some.

I've hired an experienced guide to help us find butter water, drive the 75foot boat, and take care of any issues that come up. We'll bring enough gas to power an aircraft carrier so it will be pretty cool.

We'll probably have 3 boats. A BU VLX, a Nautique 220, and a MC X Star. You'll be hurting after 7 days of riding so take it slow. We'll also have a 20foot, floating tramp to work on things right on the water.

More info to come later, just checking interest in this for now.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-03-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Any sliders or kickers?
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-03-2007, 10:52 PM Reply   
You need a Chef who knows powell like a kitchen...Wait I am that chef. Good luck. thought of doing that for years. if you'r Guide doesent work out, I know several uscg captains who work powell every day.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-04-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
Jeff. Thought about sliders, but building them and transporting them there will be too much work. If I can find a reasonable place to store them, we may do them in the future.

CoWake...been to your restaurant Vesta for dinner a couple times, good appetizers and a very cool bar.
Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
I am in Utah. Very interested depending on schedule. Send me some info to. Hope you can find butter because I NEVER can at Powell since the short way to warm creek is gone. adkelley@twsllc.net
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-05-2007, 12:24 AM Reply   
next time you are in, ask for Chris C in the kitchen, It might bring you some cool chefs tastes.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-05-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
So I have 8 people that have responded. Anyone else? I'm hesitant to book both trips with the houseboats being so spendy.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-05-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
aircraft carriers run on uranium, not gasoline.

It sounds like a fun trip, but I am already spending all my vacation days for the year on other trips.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-08-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Steve, Had I known 6 months ago, I would've been in. I'm already all set up for the week of the 5th.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
Talk about weird timing. I was just on the phone negotiating better houseboat prices. The first week is filled up already (10 people) but I'll still be there on the 5th when you roll in. We'll be there till the 11th.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-08-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
Just bring board and clothes? everything else is included.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
Don't even need a board, but yes clothes are always good.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-08-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Sending you a PM.