Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-14-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
A big thanks to all of you who shared advice in my multiple threads seeking guidance on a tow vehicle purchase. Finally, after seven and a half months of looking, I picked one up last night that fits my needs perfectly. Here she is:
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Hope to see some of you at Nacimiento or Castaic this season.
Old     (omega_supreme)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-14-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
ill take the s4!!!
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-14-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Yeah, that's for the day-to-day needs! Now if I could just work out some kind of deal with the Highway Patrol....
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-14-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
Very Nice Joshua, I like how subtle the side steps are.
Old     (chrissocal)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-14-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
Very cool...Did you go 2wd or 4wd? I've been searching for a new tow rig mself and thinking either Tahoe or Yukon.
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
I decided to go with the 4WD, although I was able to get my buddy to eat his words when I showed him the thread. I just figured that even if I don't use it often, or don't use it at all for towing, it's something that I'd like to have.

I was initially looking for either a Yukon or a Tahoe also, but the styling details of the Chevy won me over. Plus, there are more used Tahoes available than Yukons, and since I was looking for used so I could save some coin, that led me to the Tahoe as well. I saved 10,750 off of MSRP by getting a dealer demo with 10k miles on it!

I have yet to actually tow the boat anywhere, so I can't say yet how it pulls, but I know it will do a lot better than my buddy's Tacoma that we've been using! (think Lumberg) Yeah....he's gonna want a new clutch....
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2007, 12:51 AM Reply   
You know what you have to do now...

Throwsome Deez on it!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-15-2007, 4:24 AM Reply   
Is it just my imagination, or do the left coast wakeboard crowd have an aversion to trucks?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-15-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
they like trucks so long as they have big lift kits and giant knbby tires on them
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
Shane, I have certainly noticed that. Speaking for myself only, I went with an SUV primarily because it will be my wife's daily driver. I looked at some F350s and a few other diesel options, but most just weren't what the wife wanted or felt comfortable driving. That's also why I had to pass on an Excursion.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-15-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Sweet new ride, love that S4, tho......
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       04-15-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
Nicely done!! Beutiful rig. It should look great hauling the toys to the lake!
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       04-15-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
Sorry, Beautiful.