Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (olgrayfox)      Join Date: May 2006       04-11-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I am pleased to announce the creation of the South Florida Wakeboarding Association (SFWA). The SFWA is a grass roots non-profit organization based in Palm Beach County, Florida that is dedicated to advancing the sports of Wakeboarding and Wakeskating by providing a community in which members can interact and participate in various events throughout the year in Palm Beach County. The hope is that this will provide an avenue by which we can grow the sport and bring wakeboarders and wakeskaters closer together in this location of Florida; something to fill the void between Orlando and Miami.

This area of Florida is a growing community of wake sport enthusiasts and our desire is to unite those riders. Our goal is to hold various "mini-events" throughout the year to promote our large event to be held on November 17, 2007 (Pros and Joes where you can ride with some of todays top pros). The mini-events will in essence be Demo Days held in conjunction with our corporate partners, Coastal Surf and Ski and JR Watersports. The first event is scheduled for May 6, 2007 at Okeeheelee Park in Wellington, Florida. The event will feature O'Neill team riders George Daniels, Keith Lidberg and Nick Taylor and is free!!! You can demo a host of new 2007 O'Neill, Ronix, Liquid Force and CWB gear behind a Mastercraft X-Star and X-2. Meet the pros and even watch them ride. For more information, visit http://coastalblog.wordpress.com/2997/04/09/okeeheelee-park-demo-day-meet-the-pros/

Also, at the May 6th event, we will officially begin signing up new members interested in becoming a part of the SFWA. Our website will be up soon (prior to May 6th) with membership details and information. Membership will give you special access to these events, discounts to corporate sponsors, access to annual equipment drawings, access to the quarterly newsletter and access to the South Florida Wake scene.

We are excited about the upcoming season and we hope to see you there. If you need more information or have any questions please feel free to contact me via this board or through a PM. I will respond as quickly as possible.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-11-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
Wow, that was fast, very cool and being up in the treasure coast is fine right?
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-11-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
Hey Jim, I've been hearing about this for awhile now, glad to hear it is finally coming through. I'm pals with the JR and coastal guys. Four things:
One. Awesome! I never understood why this area is not more "on the map."
Two. Void between Odub and Miami? I would say Miami is the void!
Three. I'll be there!
Four. What can I do to help?
Five. (oops!) Do you realy ride lake O?
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-11-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
miami is definitely the void
Old     (olgrayfox)      Join Date: May 2006       04-11-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the great comments guys. Couple of quick answers.

Dan,yes it was fast but when you are passionate about something it happens that way and yes the treasure coast is fine. No limits here, we just want to bring people together.

Brian, I will answer your questions in order:
1. Yes we are super stoked about this. We really feel this has the ability to be something big in this area.
2. Maybe Miami is the void but I didn't really want to call anyone out.
3. Please be there! We want everyone who can to show up, I mean come on it is George Daniels, that guy rocks.
4. If you are really interested in helping send me an email to jimmybeno@bellsouth.net.
5. Yes, every Sunday and usually one day during the week during the Summer (although lately the formation of this organization has taken a ton of my riding time, everything is a trade off I guess) alligators and all.

Manny, see the Miami comment above.

Thanks everyone.