Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (toooldtoboard)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-16-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
My dealer has a leftover 06 xstar. Is this a good deal?
The boat has LQ9 engine, trailer, bimini, cover,
heater,4 tower speakers w/lights, teak platform,
bow filler cushion,front ladder,
Dealer is asking 67K. What do you guys think?
Seems a bit high to me. Let me know you all think.
thanks
dc
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-17-2007, 12:31 AM Reply   
If that's his asking price, I'd say it's a great deal. They would have asked probably $80k for that last summer (at least here in WA)... and nothing significant has changed about the X-star since 06. If I were looking at an X-Star, I would love the sound of that price point... but if you're not feeling it, then you're not feeling it. If you perceive it as too pricey, then don't get yourself into it - your gut always wins.

Talk to the dealer and see if he's willing to work with you... although, understand that that honestly is a VERY good price for a new, loaded X-star. He can move the boat at that price, it's just a matter of whether it ends up being you or someone else.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-17-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
Check to see if you can get the $15,000 rebate as well. In three years if you follow the instructions correctly, that would put you in to a new X-Star at $52K + ttt.