Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-15-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
Hi All,

Anyone have any rough idea what kind of warranty most manufacturers have on gelcoat? We have an '04 Centurion and there is a spot on the side of the boat where it is starting to fade. Place where we bought the boat said 90 days to 6 months on gelcoat warranty and I curious as to if that is the standard. I know, my initial problem is buying the Centurion in the first place......lol (first boat and paid off so I'll take the good with the bad).

Also, can anyone recommend anything that I can buy myself and take care of the problem myself?

Any info would be a big help. Thanks everyone!

Tim
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-15-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
Wetsand, compound, and polish the spot that's fading.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-15-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Post pics so we can see what you are talking about
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-15-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
The Centurion Warrenty on Gel is 1 year like almost all manufactures. My experience with Centurion has been the best gelocat I've owned. One other wake boat and some I/O's and outboards.

If it is fading you can rub out with some 3m marine polishing and finishing compound.

If the problem is structural the hull is warrentied for life for the origional owner.
Old     (yearroundboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-15-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
If one spot is fading, it's probably a repair. It is not uncommon for boats to come out of the mold with a few small blisters, blems, etc. These are almost always caught at the factory and repaired with an exact match. Test this on the bottom some where you won't notice it....wetsand with superfine automotive grade finishing sand paper / not bought at home depot - Polish with 3M Finesse It, Put a good coat of marine grade wax on it when your done.