Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
what are the times for the boat show at the cow palace in San Francisco 14-18 and what are the times for the slider show?

thanks
-Tyler
Old    mendo247            02-12-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
is cwb gonna have a booth there??
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-12-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
Don't know what the exact times for the slider show are, but I do know that it'll only be happening on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Show hours:
February 14th Wednesday Noon - 8:00 PM
February 15th Thursday Noon - 8:00 PM
February 16th Friday Noon - 8:00 PM
February 17th Saturday 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
February 18th Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Keep in mind that this isn't a wakeboarding-oriented show like the Pleasanton show. This is more of an "everything" show with tons of fishing stuff and yachts and houseboats. All of the wake boats and pro shop stuff will be in one building and the booths will be divided by shop, not by company. At the BP booth, we'll have Ronix, HL, LF, CWB, Straight Line and so on... So yes, there will be CWB boards and boots there to check out and Proline ropes/handles, too.
Old     (sancho)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-12-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
is it going to be an open slider show, i meen people with no skills obviously but i have riden slider jams before so i know what im doing.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-12-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
last year it was cool, but as far as equipment goes it definitely fails in comparison to pleasanton like Scott said...but the slider expo was still dope.
Old     (copeshater1)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-12-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
should be a good slide show. just stay clear of boarders paradise. there are plenty of other local shops you can buy your goods at.
Old    mendo247            02-12-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Boarders Paradise has been treating me great! Ill definetly make a point of stopping in and saying HI!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
wow. why the hate? and why have an anonymous name? boarder's paradise has treated me well.

(Message edited by dakid on February 12, 2007)
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-12-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
Adam Errington, Kevin Henshaw, Mikey Ennen (or or it mgith be Nick-I can't remember)are all gonna be sessioning the rails at the San Fran boat show.

And it is a different scene for sure. It's a long established fishing, tackle and boat show that is stoked on wakeboarding and wakeskating. Most of the people haven't seen wakeboarding in this type of atmoshpere and they trip on it. It's a good show.

Joe, are you gonna make it by there? I'll be there are week so I look forward to seeing you, Dan and the rest of the crew.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2007, 2:59 PM Reply   
not sure which day(s), but i'll be there.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-12-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
Joe, you're like lightning with your reply!
Good stuff. I'll check back here to see whn you might head in.
Also, I think Shawn Watson is gonna be there as well.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
Those guys just came through Utah. The Little Man was amazed by their riding and left thinking Watson was a God.
Upload

Scott A....I sent you an e-mail.
Old    walt            02-12-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   

quote:

Boarders Paradise has been treating me great!

The pro shop guys have always taken good care of me too.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-12-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
gee....I wonder who's alter-ego "copeshater1" is??
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-12-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
"should be a good slide show. just stay clear of boarders paradise. there are plenty of other local shops you can buy your goods at." (copes hater)

Over the years, our family has spent thousands in the pro shop at Copes, specifically in Santa Clara. I cannot tell you how many times I have taken a binding back and within minutes have walked out with a brand new replacement. We have broken skis and wakeboards, and they have been replaced no questions asked. Last year, I purchased a set of bindings from another shop, a shop that is very well liked on this board. They broke and the fix was going to take weeks. We were basically out of luck and no loaner was forthcoming. Copes came thru and loaned us the exact set indefinitely at no cost to us, even though we bought the bindings elsewhere. So, From my experience, I think that the criticism is undeserved. Copes runs a first rate pro shop, and they continue to be our go to shop.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-13-2007, 6:04 AM Reply   
Grants idea about ip addresses next to names would be perfect for situations like this.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-13-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
I've got to add my .02 to Peter's.

When my wife couldn't get a pair of bindings she liked Jeff kept switching them until she was happy.

For years BP sponsored the tournaments at Orwoods and then Belaqua at pretty much a loss to themselves which hooked us up with most of the local guys we have always called our friends.

They were a major factor in helping the original Delta Sessions get made and they sponsored Chris for a number of years.

So it's all good here!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
"Grants idea about ip addresses next to names would be perfect for situations like this."

Why? On other boards, most people remain completely anonymous. Why is it important to know who is posting? Copes obviously pissed this person off. I thinkg this person should be able to share their experience without being identified. If you feel the post carries no merit, you can ignore, right?
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-13-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
"I thinkg this person should be able to share their experience without being identified."

Kinda weak that this person has to hide behind a separate handle to share said experiences.

You should know J-Rod....you have never had a problem voicing your opinion of Copes without having to change your name to do so....
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-13-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
I agree with Peter, Copes is a great shop!I go to the shop in santa Clara very often and it is my favorite wake shop. Just recently the boa system on my 06 murrays was only tightening up on one side and not the other, so i went there and told the guy the problem and gave me a brand new pair in a bigger size (cause me feet were getting bigger) and free of charge!They are really nice people down at Cope and Mcphetres in Santa Clara, and i still enjoy going to they shop and all of their sales! Oh, and i cant wait for the big spring sale coming up in the end of march!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-13-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
I just hate when people make up profile to have conversations with themselves.They promote their product and bash others.Most of the stuff is usually not even true.

I feel like WW is a little different from other websites and is more family friendy/people friendly,that's why I kind of agree with getting that kind of garbage out of here....JMO
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
"Kinda weak that this person has to hide behind a separate handle to share said experiences. "

I totally agree Kdubz, but I don't blame the person. Unfortunately politics exists in the industry. This person may just be protecting themselves.

I've never heard bad things about the Proshop side. It's pretty cool to see all the props given to the pro shops from people I know and respect (like the Dykmans). Good to know the riders in the proshops are treating the other riders good.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-13-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
"This person may just be protecting themselves."

from what??

I've been in this industry for a bit more than a decade. I know all about the politics....

For someone so weak to come on a public message board and hide behind a b.s. screen name with the sole purpose to bash a business in this small industry is lame, IMO.
Thier profile says 2 lonely posts, and both have been only to jump on the Cope's bashing bandwagon that you are very familiar with J-Rod....But atleast I can honestly give you props for not hiding behind a smoke screen to voice your opinion time after time. In your case, if there was honestly a problem, people who can make a difference can contact you to make things right.
In "copeshater1's" case, well not the same....no matter how you want to look at it.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-13-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Jrod- Protecting themselves from WHAT? If you've got the balls to start talking smack about a company, at least show your face and take responsibility for the things that you say.

From what I've read, the problems have been with the service departments, and NOT the pro shop, yet this anonymous person feels the need to go out of their way to BASH on the pro shop. Is that really fair? Is it fair that both myself and the Santa Clara Cope's manager (not to mention the rest of our locations) do everything we can to keep our customers hooked up and on the water just to come online and see people under anonymous names bashing us? What did WE ever do...honestly? It's F-in rediculous...ALL I came on here to do was to let people know what's up with the boat show this weekend and let someone know that your beloved CWB products will be at the show, then some anonymous person comes on and posts up a bunch of crap on a very public message board. Uncalled for. And then YOU decide to post up defending the anonymous user? For what reason? Do you hate the Pro Shop at Cope's...I mean you just admitted that you haven't been there so what's the deal, bro? I don't quite know what Cope's has done to you, but I do know what NCM has, and that's cool...just please don't go out of your way to publicly side against Cope's if you've never even stepped foot in our Pro Shop.

Thanks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
Why are you attacking me? I'm neutrally suggesting that maybe this person has a good reason. I'm not defending anyone.

"I mean you just admitted that you haven't been there"

Huh? Did you see where I gave the pro shop props above?

"From what I've read, the problems have been with the service departments, and NOT the pro shop"

Yeah...I just said that.

Maybe this could be a Copes employee? A sponsored rider for products you carry that risks loosing support? A vendor? If you want to know the answers to all of your questions, you'll need to get to the source.

"you've never even stepped foot in our Pro Shop."

Yeah I have. I've bought from and even sold product for your shop at the boat show, and I've worked Copes sales to support your store!

My input to this conversation was more to point out the differences between anonymous posting and real identity posting whether it's to avoid your loosing you job, or your place in the industry being affected, and to avoid offending people you know.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
yes, bring on the person's true identity. had he come in here to simply bash cwb and ski world, you'd want to know his/her true identity.

no, i don't think we need to get rid of "this kind of garbage." this is a forum in which we can post about positive experiences as well as negative ones. the only problem is, if you're going to post about a negative experience, don't post w/ a anonymous name and you better be able to back it up w/ an explanation rather than just posting "X brand sucks."
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   

quote:

My input to this conversation was more to point out the differences between anonymous posting and real identity posting whether it's to avoid your loosing you job, or your place in the industry being affected, and to avoid offending people you know.

then maybe he should post about his negative experience tactfully, rather than just coming in here to say that bp sucks.
Old     (copeshater1)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-13-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
will do Joe...tactfully creating...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-13-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Yo Copes Hater.... Stop hiding behind an anonymous screen name. If you've got something to say, then say it. No body likes a profile created solely to bash a company. Establish your reputation, then speak your mind. Maybe then people will lend worth to your comments.
Old    mendo247            02-13-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
pretty chicken schnit imo..
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-13-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
So back to the initial intent...
COW PALACE, baby! Rails and bails!
Watson, Errington, Ennen and Henshaw.
Come on down!

And as an added bonus, we're gonna see who can pull off the best prank on Tyler Irwin. Duct taping his car shut, gluing his hotel door closed, handcuffing him to a railing and not bringing the key. We'll figure out a prize for whoever can pull off the best Tyler Irwin stunt/prank.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
how 'bout duct taping him to the rail and have the riders gap tyler?!?!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-13-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Joe, that could be a winner.

Bring the duct tape. I'll be your accomplice!
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-13-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Are any local riders invited? I think that Kaesen Suyderhoud could give these guys a run for their money.
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-13-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Yeah what happened to the locals who rode last year?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-13-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
per Ronix rep Jason Mendez: Errington will be (obviously) riding, and Harf will definitely be around to talk to people about the new Ronix stuff. Parks "might" be there as well.

Tyler is currently borrowing Nelson's hammer. Just thought you guys should know that.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-13-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
Joe what did i say? I just wanted to know the times of the show!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
nothin' man! i'm just goin' along w/ the prank.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-13-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
Wow, that blew up quick. I go to get a pin out of my shoulder and this is what I return to??? j/k guys.

I hate when people hide behind fake names. There are "tactful/diplomatic" ways to express your discontent with a product/store/brand. I have ragged on Ski world in the past and didnt hide behind a screen name.

I see it as a garbage post that fills up our message board. What if someone came on here and read that and decided never to shop there becasue of that post? At least when I complained about Ski World, I explained the issues and what Ski World did to fix the problem.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-13-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
I'll have to check this one out since I missed the Pleasanton Show.