Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-29-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
This may be a far reach but was anyone here winching near the harbor this morning? They were definitely surfers, but they were using a winch so who knows....
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-29-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
Were they on wakeskates or on surfboards? A few friends of mine are down in the San Diego area winching and I know they like to winch in the surf...
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-29-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
They were on waveskates, specifically made for surfing.
Old    mobster            01-29-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
That Was Josh Sleigh & Shintaro a shaper from japan they were testing the sleigh model Grinch Winch, the board is thejosh sleigh model placebo surf skate we will be posting a video soon J.L.MoB Group Productions . mobgroup.tv up soon distortionboarding.com
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-29-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
So that was you? I saw the police show up and have a pretty long talk then he drove away. How'd you get out of it?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-30-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
blabelmooch, we'll be doin' some winching in sd this year. you down for it?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
Of course! Someone has to teach me how to hit rails though
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-30-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
i'm sure you won't have any problems learning!

we'll be there this weekend for the l.a. show (a few hours maybe) and to look at homes in sd.
Old    mobster            02-02-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
Here is some video of the grinch in action www.transworldsurf.com/surf/ Check www.mobgroup.tv it will be up this weekend for more video
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Bullet Lines and Pimp Winch will be unveiling our production winch for the first time at Louisiana Spring Fling 2007. Below is a pic of Pimp Winch stripped down, so we dont give away everything before it is unveiled. Pimp Winch is made with 100% Aluminum Tubing, CNC machined aluminum spool, and of course Bullet Lines Winch Rope.

Bullet Lines Winch Rope is already being sold on our website at www.bulletlines.com, and from what we have been told it is the best winch rope on the market. Our winch ropes are 3 mm coated spectra with glow technology (total dia is 4.2mm)
These winch ropes are made with a flexible heavy duty PVC coating on 100% non stretch Dyneema fibers. Our winch ropes were developed to withstand much more abuse, therefore are much less sucseptible to UV damage, and they have a higher abrasion resistance. We found that a rope is very hard to see in the surf, so we also added a glow coating to the rope for those who winch on the beach.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
www.myspace.com/bulletlines

Upload
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-03-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Joe,
you looking to buy in SD? I've been going down almost every other week looking at houses.
Where are you looking? SD is sik. i'm over nor cal. bet i'll live here for the rest of my life. the only thing good about nor cal are the lakes and the delta.
Old    chriscut            02-06-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
Thats sick. We winched that same jetty last year, its such a nice spot. You guys had better waves for sure. Those boards look pretty nice for surf winching i must say, but I think i'll stick to my wakeskate for ocean winching :-)
Old    mobster            02-06-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
We grinched mon at warm waters .Surfline will be running that clip in better quality this week also have some sick snow grinch footie from DENVER WENT THERE TO DO A RAILSLIDE DEMO AT THE BOAT SHOW BUT THE POOL BROKE AND FLOODED THE FLOOR SO WE TOOK IT TO THE SNOW ITS WORKS GREAT IN THE POWDER JL MoB Group productions
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-12-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
http://surfline.com/video/video_player/video_player.cfm?id=7891
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
alan, we're renting for the first 12 months, then buying after that. i gotta be honest w/ you though, it's going to hurt to leave the delta...AGAIN!