Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-09-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
I hear a lot of guys say that they put additional ballast in their SANs. I am looking to run more than stock ballast this year and have a few questions.

Currently I only have 2 600lb sacs and about 300lbs in lead. I have run stock ballast the boats whole life w/ all 300lbs of lead in the nose. I put the lead up there because no one ever wants to sit up there for some reason and I get a lot of complaints that the wake is too steep from some of the guys I ride w/ that are used to riding behind other boats.

I know that some people put sacs in the rear on top of the hard tanks. how much weight do you SAN owners usually add here, and how much do you put up front? I don't want too many sacs filling up the interior because as we all know the 210 is not known for space and we usually have 6-8 people w/ us.

We have several friends in our crew that own different boats and I would like to add some more weight. Other boats we ride a lot behind are a B-52 V23, Tige 22V, and a VLX. All these boats have lots of room to hide ballast, I would really like to add more myself, but don't really want it laying out in the open. I could probably get away w/ one sitting out, but two or three is not really going to work.

Also, I noticed when I get too much weight in the front, water tends to easily come over the front, so I am trying to find a happy medium w/ weight there and in the back/center.

Any tips would be great.

Mike
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Mike, check www.planetnautique.com They will have lots of info on this project. Perform a search and you will find lots of projects like this.
Old    K.B.C.            02-10-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
front- 400-500ish
ski locker- 700ish
rear - 1000-1100ish

150 lbs of lead that we move around the inside for balance. I like it steep though. If you want to mellow it out it will need more nose weight.

If you have the team edition your going to have to deal with the ski locker tank. The ideal situation is to have a sac in the locker instead of the tank, but the tank is a pain to get out. That way you get extra weight, but it is still hidden. The ski locker is huge on mine. I had a custom sac made for it that fills up every inch of the thing.

Like Jeff said this has all been addressed on planetnautique. Tons of good info. You have the option of either tapping into the existing tanks in the rear or removing them completely and adding bags.
Old    K.B.C.            02-10-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Oh and forgot, in regard to dipping the nose.

Make sure to not turn the boat around until after the rollers have passed by you once you slow down. If you turn the boat around correctly you won't even need to go through it's rollers.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-10-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
here is how I setup my supersport. 1200 in rear lockers, 80 next to driver to balance, 650 in ski locker and 200 lead all the way up in the nose. I usually only have 2-3 people in the boat. If I have more I won't fill the rears all the way. I think the wake if fairly mellow for a nautique this way.\

As far as the sacs the fly high prox fit good in mine. It is a 97 SS that didn't have any thing in it to start with.
Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-10-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/default2.aspx?pg=article&id=372
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-11-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
Sweet,

Thanks guys