Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-05-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Well after MC finishes building my boat in March, i will be the owner of a 2007 X1, which I am stoked about... here are some lessons i learned during this process...

1. In this regonalized/monopolized dealer day and age, you really have to be happy with 2 or 3 different manufacturers and pit them against one another to get anyones best deal.

2. Buy at the boat show because you will typically get a 50 basis point cheaper note

3. Buy at the boat show for dealer incentives

4. Make sure and arrive at the boat show when the Manufacturers Rep is there.... I was lucky enough to deal directly with the VP (and part owner) of MC, who threw in approx $4,500 of free options from the factory to keep me from walking back over to Malibu...

5. Do research on the internet at forums like this :-) to figure out what is possible and what the right questions to ask are.. I imagine that this forum saved me 2-3k at least... thanks guys
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-05-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
Congrats on your purchase!!

You'll love your X-1

Ya boat shows are a good time to buy, but a great dealer will offer a great deal any time.. But you have to know what questions to ask..
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-05-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
congrats!!!!

don't forget to post some pics!!
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-05-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
definitely will post pics.. i'm picking it up from the factory in tennessee and looking forward to taking the tour
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Nice choice; you're really going to enjoy it.
What gel colors did you go with?
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-06-2007, 3:31 AM Reply   
Another key is to be ready to buy. If they know that you are serious, they will be much more aggressive. They are not going to be throwing their best deal around to someone just looking or spying.
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       02-06-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
Good ol Scotty Crutch?!? Was John Behling with him?(MC's new director of marketing)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
What did he throw in for 4500.00?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-06-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
Scott Crutchfield was at the Texas Mastercraft booth all weekend at the Dallas Boat Show, along with the regional sales rep Glen Morris.
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Yes it was Scott... sharp guy... 4 free speakers/lights and perfect pass...and some custom chrome accents.. i was pleased

doing the traditional red with black stripes
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-08-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
Nothings FREE! Loaded X 1 vs loaded VLX ???
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
that is awesome.

How come you are picking it up at the factory? Is it saving you money on shipping? That would be cool too. Is it being bought from a dealer or the factory?

how can i get the same deal!
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-09-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Congradulations dude!!! I stood in the MC booth at the vancouver boat show last year for 10 mins and couldn't get anyone to give me the time of day....and I was looking to upgrade from my 2004 Moomba...
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-09-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
I'm in texas, and it would make a fun weekend trip, to drive through tennessee and tour the plant and pick it up. There's also a way to have it prepped at the factory so we may take it out on their lake... It's saving me a $900 destination charge (bought from texas mastercraft - who were great all the way around... ask for Bryan if you're in Texas)