Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (sidewayz)      Join Date: May 2006       02-08-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
What does everyone think of there local shops? Anything that you would like to see more or less of? Suggestions? There is a lot of shop owners who read and reply to these threads, so let them know what you think!
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-08-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
I would like to see more custom wakesurf boards. They all carry the "pop outs", but very few carry anything else. At least that's the way it is 'round here.
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-08-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
this isnt my local shop even though it feels like my local shop but..
OHANA board shop kicks ass in every department.
located in san jose/ santa clara/ sunnyvale, CA area.
you have to check it out if you are around there, it has tons of cloths, skateboards, surfboards, sunglasses, and soo much more! defenetly the local hang out for me when im there.
so go check it out and give the owner: Arun Francis (the man behind the scense in all of the WW interviews) some company.
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-08-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
PERFORMANCE in Orlando is the place for all your gear. Bill and his staff are great and he puts on the best grassroots wakeboard tour known as the Gravel Tour. If you haven't been there or shopped online then you are missing the boat.

PROPS TO PERFORMANCE!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-08-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
If your in the Portland area, Active Water Sports, Locations in Oregon City & Beaverton. They know what's up because they all ride.
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-09-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
in the chicago area ultimate wake watersports is the place to go. the staff is great to work with. i bought a board from them at the boat show, they sent it to me and one of the binding holes was broke. they sent me a new one no questions asked.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-09-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
A wider variety of products. (wetsuits, drysuits, more than 2-3 boards from each brand, etc.)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-09-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
For Pro Shop AND boat purchases, NorCal Mastercraft (FORMERLY SKI WORLD) in Pleasanton CA is the best in the Bay Area. They go above and beyond to get you back on the water asap. I also hear they are bringing their boat servicing department back to the dealership site!

How cool would it be to have your boat sales guy walk in the back to check on the status of your service? That's the way it should be.

(Message edited by jarrod on February 09, 2007)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-09-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
J-rod did they close the pro shop in Castro Valley. I loved that place. I used them for over 12 years would be sad to see it go.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-09-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
I just ordered a bow filler a jump seat a prop and cup holder bling from Vina at Nor Cal MC and was figuring I would be lucky to have it before May ? less than 10 days for a complete order I was very impressed ... The pro shop looked well stocked and very neat..
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-09-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
Yeah, it's gone. The wanted to focus all their effort on one location. I actually think it's a good thing. They used to constantly have to do store transfers on merchandise. Now it's all in one location.

Go check out the new Pleasanton store. They did a major re-model and the place is looking better than ever. I can't believe how much gear they've got stuffed in that place.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-09-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
Sad to see it go but sounds like a better deal. Is Brian over there at the new shop?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-09-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
I beleive so. Brian Lewis was working the boat show. Bummed abot the CV store. That was my local hangout!
Old    stillstandin            02-09-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Squid, J-Rod, that is a bummer. For the past ten years my buddy and I would meet at Val's for a hamburger, and then go to the CV store to see any new product. O-well, sounds like the pleasanton store will be kewl
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-09-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
The Board Shop in Lake Geneva is perfect. They have every board from LF and Gator. Jason and Keni are the coolest and they are always around to help you out. Plenty of stock with jackets and lines and apparel. I have never been in there where I haven't found what I wented.
Old     (copeshater1)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-09-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
whatever you do STAY AWAY from Cope and small-peters. I think they own boarders paradise and ultimate watersports, too. worst service ever.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-09-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
Craig.... The P-town store is really only about 10 minutes down the road anyway. the CV store was always a pain for me because of the freeway access. I wish they'd just put an on/off ramp in the middle of town like most other cities. LOL!!
Old    stillstandin            02-09-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Ya, Pleasanton is closer to me anyway. Just the end of a tradition.
Old     (khollin1)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-09-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
For me, it's all about customer service and a reasonable price. The WakeShop in Knoxville, TN has got it dialed in. They were incredibly helpful in getting me set up on a new board and really knew their stuff. They even gave me a deal that no other stores (online or otherwise) could even touch. So much better than the 15 year olds that worked at the competing "ski/surf/whatever looks cool and trendy store". Really makes me wish I weren't now living in IL where I can't find a proshop within a couple hours' drive.