Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
I just received my fly high x2 fat sacs. there is one thing i'm worried about though. The sacs only come with 2 holes each. 1 in the back side and one in the back top. My question is if its fine to put the overflow hose to the back Because everyones that ive seen has one in the front?
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Here's what the sac is like, I know the drawing is horrible lol.
Upload

Can i punt the overflow hose to the top hole?

Also here's a picture of andrews

javascript:PopupPic('http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/files/f_ballast_desc--1657_180.jpg')

that pic shows the overflow in the back, isn't it towards the front of the X2

I really need you're help guys, gotta make sure i'm not gonna need to return the sacs
Old    walt            11-15-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
Put the holes where ever you want just as long as you can get to one of them with a pump.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
is the overflow fine back there even if i have to run the hose up to the front of the sack?
Old    walt            11-15-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
It's not a overflow. It's there to use after you have drained as much as you can with the pump.

Drain the bag with the pump and then take the other cap off and drain the rest over the side.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
The thing is im plumbing it in to the stock sytem i dont want to fill it up with the pump. Fly high gave me the impression these could be integrated but they seem to be missing an overflow in the front
Old    walt            11-15-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
You should contact Flyhigh then. IMO your not giving enough information to get a good answer.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-15-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Well if you're running reversible pumps, you only need two fittings. I would put the top one towards the front of the boat and that would obviously be the overflow, then the bottom would be fill/drain. My reason for the overflow towards the front being that the boat always sits a little nose high, and this would allow you to fill the sacs the most before overflow occurs. The overflow could still be at the top rear if need be because of how the stock plumbing is set up.

(Message edited by wake_upppp on November 15, 2006)
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
The thing is i already have the bags. I ordered them from fly high thinking there would be a front fitting, how much less will it being back there allow it to fill up?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-15-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
I would think not that much difference at all. Can you just rotate the sac or is it that your existing fill/drain and overflow are already at the rear? And yes, you definetly want to use the top fitting for overflow.

(Message edited by wake_upppp on November 15, 2006)
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
I cant rotate them because the fill/ drain is in the rear. My plan is to put the fill/drain in the rear and then overflow on the top. Its just that the actual overflow on the boat is infront of the sac so a hole in the top front would be best but as long as it doesnt effect it runing a slightly longer hose is no big deal.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       11-15-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
It's not a problem to have a longer hose for the overflow, but Fly High is really good about having lots of fitting options on their bags. Call them and they will probably exchange them for you.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-15-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
Nah, you'll be fine then...otherwise you have to custom order sacs from FlyHigh just to have the fitting where you want...not really worth the extra $$$
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       11-15-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
Manny,
Exactly what sacs did you get from Fly High? I don't see a "x2 fat sac". Are they Pro X Series: Fat Sacs, Side Sacs, V-drive sacs,...??? Take a look at wakesides site ( http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/CTGY/wakeboard_boat_ballast ) to see what you have. They have pictures of each series, so you may be able to determine what you have and if you got what you ordered.

As long as the highest point in your vent line stays higher than the water level in your fat sac, you should be fine.
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-15-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
you'll be fine with what you want to do. fill/drain on the back, vent on top. just extend your vent line to reach if you need to, but no problem.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-16-2006, 4:30 AM Reply   
thanks for the help guys, im gona start the install this weekend and I'll put up some pics.

paul- they are semi custom. I called to make some custom sacs and they told me they had sacs designed for the x2, which is what mastervraft uses for their "pro x system"