Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    mendo247            10-02-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
any suggestions or tips on instalation? im going to have to install it in the rear of the boat and running outlets towards the front and a couple in the rear..im looking at this heater craft 300 complete system.. anyone running it? pics of install and tips on placements of outlets would be great also!

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/wakeboard_boat_heaters/heater_craft_300hc_heater
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-02-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Get it in by Thursday
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-02-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
hey richard, i'm in the same boat. I just ordered it with 3 hot tubes. I plan on putting one at the driver's feet, one behind the drivers seat and the third on the passeneger side of the boat coming out of the cubbyhole. This is where I plan to put it, but we'll see once i get it here. I also plan on adding a few inline blowers to boost the amount of airflow.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-02-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
inline booster from a local shop? or where?
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-02-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Kenny, Something like this:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/106837/0/0/blower/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/0/0

I know there is one out there with a higher CFM output and a lower amp draw, I just have to remember to bookmark the url this time.

We set one up in a buddy's boat and we could not believe the difference it made in the amount of heat the vents put out.

We wired it up using a standard relay off the switch for the heater, so the amp draw would not damage the switch.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       10-02-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Richard,
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by installing it in the rear and running outlets forward, but something to think about...if the hot tubes are in the rear and face forward, you will be fighting the natural direction of air flow while the boat is underway.

Maybe this link will help:
http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17249
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-02-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
when you remember the other link please post because I am looking at doing it to my boat also.
Old    mendo247            10-02-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
thanks for the info guys! great install job paul.. i meant i will have to mount the whole unit in the rear of the boat, most of the spaces id put it up front are taken up by stereo gear.. a friend told me that big ed moved his heater to the back and it worked much better.. at this point i plan on running 3 hot tubes so every one can point them where they want them..
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-02-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
Kenny, that is the blower that we used. I couldn't remember if it was the detmar or the rule, but I called my buddy and it was the detmar. We paid $20 for them from a local shop.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-02-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
can you get more info so that I can see if I can get one up here?
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-02-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
Here's the detmar blower:

http://www.detmarcorp.com/blowers.htm

It's the 754 model. 170 CFM, 4 amp draw. 3" inlet and outlet. West Marine sells them @ $24 a piece.

I don't think it's necessary for the water proof one