Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
I have not been able to find the correct prop for my new Enzo. I have the 330hp motor with about 600 LBS of ballast. The prop that came with the boat was a 13.5x16P 1.125/.105 cup (Acme 537) four blade. The wot rpm is 4700 and about 42 mph(not by GPS) with only 4 people aboard. I also tried the 13.25x15.5 (Acme 857)four blade, and with 6 people my wot rpm was 5200 with more trottle left. This prop also was slow out of the hole - much slower than the 537 which doesn't make sense to me and it felt sluggish through its range. So now I just tried a 13.5x15.5 .105 cup 3 blade (Acme 1413) which is what prop Acme suggested. This prop was even slower out of the hole (though I did have 8 people on board which was at most 325lbs more). Also this prop created too much vibration, even made by board racks rattle. Is anyone running a different brand than Acme? One other factor is that I boat at about 5300' above sea level.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Do you have the switchblade?
Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Team CBK, I do not have the switchblade.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-01-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
Hey Austin, on dad's 01 bu, he went with a bigger sized lower pitched prop. I aint' a prop expert, but it seems it was 14*something something. i know that don't help, but it made a world of difference in planing quicker, and a constant speed for surfing/wakeboarding.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
Give me a call tomorrow and I will be glad to help. Our number is here. www.centurionofkingsport.com .The only reason I am asking that you call is to make sure I understand exactly what you are wanting the boat to do. We demo an Enzo (330HP) with the switchblade and when it is loaded down (12 peeps,port ballast, 500 sac) it can be somewhat sluggish, but with that much weight what boat wouldn't be. We only surf with that much weight in the boat though. Anyway.....give me a call if you want, I will be glad to help! Nate
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-01-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
cbk hit the nail on the head. dad was disappointed with the performance, but when he asked another friend with an 06 bu with the 383 in it, i think putting out around 400 h.p. and said he had the same issues. loaded up it was sluggish. I don't think you'll get around that unless you add a little helper called mr supercharger.