Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
just found an o4 malibu wakesetter for 14K, price is nego, just one prob....it sank. the guy said it was over filled w/people, ballast, etc & it sank. he says engine would probably run w/ some help & $$$. the boat is actually in pretty good shape for taking on water. but every cupholder, glovebox, locker, ashtray etc has water in it. the guys major warning was the electronics, pcm, maf sensors, etc being shorted out due to water. I cringed at the thought because I'm in the auto repair biz & know how expensive it gets. I was thinking about just converting back to carburerator instead of F.I. he assures floats & it doesnt look as bad as it sounds. any advise other than run???
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-19-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
Where are the pic's and If you're not gona buy send me his contact info.
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
pic wont come up, but its all that, & then SUM$$$, oh by the way, it only has 1/2 of its interior & it smells harsh lie mildew
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
another try
heres the link, have fun
http://www.boatrecycling.com/detail.php
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-20-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
What is up with that tower??

Sounds like a cool project but could get expensive real fast.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
They mounted the top half of the tower backwards. After seeing that it's not hard to believe they sunk it. If it's not a salvage ****le it would be worth it.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
That boat looks a lot like a boat west coast camps had a couple years ago.
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
yank out fuel injection, wiring harness, etc, install carb & fuel pump, throw down some seat cushions, reweld tower into correct position & run it!!! Salvage title? of course, but nly really matter if you go to sell it. better save for something in better condition! What would you really be willing to pay for it in its present condition?