Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (gargouille)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-13-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
i'm looking for a place to wakeboard and at the same time my girlfriend can be on the beach by the sea leaving in a hotel all included,is cancun a good spot?
any information about that can be very help full
thank
sorry for the poor english
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-13-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Florida
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
have heard good stories from club med.... haven't experienced it, yet
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-13-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
Club Med in Cancun has wakeboarding onsite at no extra cost. I've been a couple times, it's a great resort, lot's of fun. It reopens in November.
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-13-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
One more note, it's also French speaking.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Cathy, Do ya need to haul your own gear to Mexico? If not, What kind of selection do they have?
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-13-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Jesse, when I was there they had everything. Boards, vests, etc, but none of it was in great shape. The first time I went was the first time I tried wakeboarding so I didn't know any different. The second time I went I brought my board. No biggie, just got a wakeboard bag and checked it in. I was happy to have my gear.
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-13-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
Post hurricane many resorts have everything brand new. You should take your board to be safe, but not sure how much fun you would have boarding in Mexico.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-14-2006, 1:23 AM Reply   
KAUAI KAUAI KAUAI KAUAI

www.purekauai.com
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-14-2006, 2:20 AM Reply   
I have been to ClubMed Cancun twice. Its a great vacation and it used to be cheap ($1250 per person including air from SF covers everything fun/food/drink but excursions).

The club reopens this winter after being rebuilt -- it was wiped out by hurricane Wilma last year. I have no idea if the club will be as good as it was.

The wakeboarding was fun but nothing like a full day on the delta. You get a couple of runs in the morning and a couple of runs in the afternoon. Still, fun for wakeboarding and fun for lots of other stuff.

The equipment is fair. Mostly CWB stuff but heavily used. OK boards and bindings. Heavily used nylon life jackets. Crappy "ski" ropes.

Next time I go, I will bring my own vest, board and rope with the "wake" rope being the most important.

(Message edited by greatdane on September 14, 2006)
Old     (gargouille)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2006, 5:06 AM Reply   
what kind of boat they use in cancun?
is that some old fishing boat?
thanks
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-14-2006, 5:54 AM Reply   
try cabwake

http://www.cabwake.com/index.htm
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
I second Kauai. I have been lots of places but none more beautiful than Kauai.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-14-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
$700, for 7 nights, sounds good, but only 3 20 min pulls? that wouldn't even get me tired!
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-14-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
Mario, when I was there they had ski boats but they were getting in two new Supra's a week later. You should check with the resort, that was 2+ years ago and as GD said, the hurricane last year really damaged the resort and it's been rebuilt so who knows what happened to the boats.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-14-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Last fall (we went one week before wilma) they had 3 mombas. Hopefully, they survived the storm. They ran some ballast. A decent wake; not a huge wake. The only problem was their pathetic ropes and handles. Luckily, another guest was there with a spectra rope for me to also use.
Old     (gargouille)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
how was the hotel and the beach back then?
on youre opinion is it a 4 star or ...
GD,those 3 moomba was it ski boat?
thank everybody that really help it's hard to get information from the travel agency.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-14-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Club Med has decent but not excellent rooms and decent but not excellent food. Mostly, its just a great social/active time with good accomodations. Since our air was worth $400, we payed about $120 per day for a great time never carrying a wallet. My GF did circus and water skiing while I did wakeboarding. We also did powerwalk and water arobics every day. Lots of fun 24x7 without a care in the world.

The Mombas were 1 ski boat and 2 vdrives. Usually, they were running 1 ski boat and 1 vdrive. The skiers (most of the guests) wanted the ski boat while the boarders wanted the vdrive.