Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-17-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
I've been so stuck on trying to land new tricks and progressing that i've been crashing way too much lately and you know what it hurts and not much fun. Friday night i got the last set at the Goon coming in with the sun almost gone and perfect water...i didn't even care about jumping just carving and butterslides. Well i had the same conditions yesterday and i couldn't believe how well my riding was when i wasn't trying to force the issue...so here's to remembering what it's really about...having fun
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-17-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Tell it brother Randy!
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-17-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
So very true. I haven't been able to ride for a few weeks and I went out yesterday morning in perfect conditions and was so intent on stomping everything and getting right back into it that I rode like hell. I even cut my set short because it just didn't feel right. Spent the entire day drinking beer and wake surfing and evened out the ballast and tore it up last night. It's amazing how much better you ride when you don't really care. :-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
I've had the same problem lately. A couple of weeks ago I said to a close friend, "how did I let this sport become not fun," as I came back into the boat after a horrible set of trying too hard to land what I consider my big tricks. On days that I'm not feeling it, I have to concentrate on having fun. Just do some grabs and try to keep it smooth. Too often I gauge my set on what I landed and this realy ruins it for me.

The next day out I just rode to have fun and I actually rode much better. I have to stop forgettting what it's all about.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-17-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
Yup, yup.... All about having a good time. I just love being on the boat.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-17-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Oh yeah Tackleberry keep pushing my buttons....you know the reason that i keep wadding myself up...i only got 3 weeks left to dial in some new stuff....lol

But yeah J-Rod that's exactly what i'm saying. Oh yeah i need to get up there and ride with you guys some time. Some dude named Bug or Ant or something like that had nothing but praise for you guys up there!!

Oh yeah here are some "fun" pics from yesterday...

Upload
Upload