Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    saintjoe            04-27-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Alright so i'm gonna start wakeboarding this summer, and I've been telling a couple people I know and they keep saying "good luck getting up out of the water" I really am curious what I should be expecting when I go out, and if any one has tips for a first timer on how to get out of the water... thanks for the help with my horrifically newb situation...
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
hey
everyone is a beginner at some time
well u have a couple choices...
u can kind of like stand up in the water
and tell the driver not to take off fast because if u know anything of a skiing background, u have to take off fast. in wakeboarding, u can hit it mabe 15 mph just to get up on the water and then go normal speed. u can like stand up in the water and just lean back on the rope, then when u take off, keep leaning back on the rope and just stand and u will get on the water. or u can lay on our back with the board like half in the water half out and just go from there.

i cant really explain it that well, my bad
i hope it works
dane
Old    saintjoe            04-27-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
thats alright, I'm just looking for what I should expect... thanks dane
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-28-2006, 5:15 AM Reply   
position yourself in the water like you are taking a crap, but laying down. (knees bent and arms straight w/ handle at the edge of the board. have hte driver slowly idle and you yell when you are ready to get up. as you feel the resistance of the water/boatstart extending your legs w/ all the weight on your dominant or rear foot. to tell your dominant foot, when you run and jump, what is the last foot to leave the ground? this needs to be your rear foot, and put most of your weight here... now all you will need is ride time... hope htis helps, it's what i tell all the newbies, and have never had an issue getting people up..