Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (dsw27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-21-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
I have always been a Mastercraft only guy and I have an older Prostar 190. I've never had much interest in Nautiques, but I found one that needs a new engine at a very good price and I am considering picking it up. Its a 95 Nautique 2001, and I currently have an 89 Prostar 190. Anyone had experience with Nautique boats of this era... good or bad? I've never paid much attention to correct craft because I never thought I would buy one.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
I think you mean it's an 85 2001, because they did not make the 2001 past 89 if I am correct. I could be wrong, I am not a SN owner yet.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
correct craft makes a great boat! for wakeboarding purposes MC and CC have very different wakes. The MC is more rampy and the CC is more abrupt or steep. Last year i drove a Nautique 226, a friend had it as a loaner and it was probably the best driving ski boat i have ever been in! i believe that you pay for it in the price that is for sure.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       04-21-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
I have a nautique. I love nautiques and they are great boats. Today all the boat manufacturers are making great wakeboarding, ski, boats. Are you using for skiing or wakeboarding?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-21-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
If it's a 2001 it will throw a good wake, however they are small inside so a tower is a must for this boat.
Old     (dsw27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-21-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
Sorry, it is a 1995, but I can't remember which model, but I know its a closed bow. Shows you how much attention I have paid to Nautiques in the past. I used to slalom competitively and may do it again. I wakebaord more often though. Will a standard high fly fit over the pylon? I have heard this can be a problem on Nautiques. How are the wakes on this year boat for skiing and for wakeboarding? Any problems people have had with theirs?
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-21-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
Last year my daughter and son-in-law found a good deal on a '95 SN, Signature Edition, 600 hrs for $10k, so I went in 1/2 to help them. It runs great, no problems and that model has the upgraded fuel injection. It has an excellant ski wake and small wakeboard wake- unweighted. With the smaller wake their skill improved so much and now with some bags added, the wake isn't fantastic, but acceptable. An extended pylon works well on the boat too.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-21-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
You can use a flyhigh. Be sure you get one with the military webbing loop that runs around the bow and through the bow eye...NOT the lifting ring. If it's a 95 Closed bow, it's a regular ski. The differences are in trim packages that were ordered.

I would still recommend the New Dimension Tower to store boards/skis so you can keep some of the space inside.

It has a great ski wake and the boarding wake is small without people or weight. With two in the boat, I can routinely get 5 feet of air, so really it's more about technique than wake size. I would say it should depend on your ability and desire to use the boat a certain way.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-21-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
1995 is a solid year for Nautiques. A closed bow 95 would be a 196 = 19'6". My 1995 was great but it's not really a wakeboard boat. The problem is that when you load it up it will take waves over the sloped transom. Plus it's a pain to put boards on without trashing the transom. That engine should be a GT-40, they are great motors. I put a Monster Tower on my 1995, it was a pretty good match for the boat. For ballast I ran a full 500lb sack behind the motor box and another under the bow about 1/2 full. Add another 3 guys on the back seat and you should be good to go. The pix in my profile was taken behind my 95.

Upload