Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (ryan44)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-28-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Whats the scoop on Lake Okoboji on Memorial day weekend? I live right my Lake Minneatonka and go to Big Island all the time so on Memorial Day weekend I like to get out of town and check out other lakes. I've been going to Castle Rock Lake in WI but its fissled out since the main beach/bar Gilagins closed down.

So basically whos been to Okoboji? How is it on Memorial Day weekend? How does it compare to Big Island Minnetonka? What is the best place to camp for ppl that like to party?

Any info will be appreciated?

Later
Ryan
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-28-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
Cold,Windy,rainy,and WAY too many peeps to ride even in the AM. From what I know most of the parties are at or near fillenworth beach. After last falls accident the water cops have promised no tolerence for drinking boating all summer.West lake stays in the 50's for temp well into the season(its 150ft deep in spots)so bring your warm gear.
Old     (murphini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
We go to Okoboji the last week of June, and stay at Fillenwarth's, right near where West and East Lake meet under US 71. Lake warms up great around then, but have to ride during the week. Friday-Sunday is a madhouse on West Lake. Unless you like moguls and constantly dodging other boats, weekends not great for wakeboarding.

Conversely, the Friday-Sunday party crowd is simply AWESOME. Lake is spring fed and beautiful. Whisky D***s on Westlake, Barefoot Bar on EastLake. Arnold's Park.

You can find other places to wakeboard on East Lake or Lower Gar. Great place to go, maybe not the most private or glassy for wakeboarding
Old     (ryan44)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-10-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
Not worried to much about riding rather then having fun. Is there a place that everyone pulls their boats up to like a beach or a place everyone anchors? Also does anyone have any pictures of where this party scene is?