Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (kfcflores)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have a 2001 Centurion. I got it last year from an owner who was meticulous. Said he replaced the impeller every season. I've put about 60 hrs on it since i got it and am wondering 1. Do I need to replace the impeller? 2. How hard is it to do myself. The boat is a direct drive. Thanks in advance.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-24-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
It is essential to replace every season. It is not difficult. It should cost about $40 for the part. Be sure to use a new gasket and lube it up. Simply follow the directions in the owners manual for the engine. My MerCruiser took about 45 minutes and my Inmar takes about 10 minutes.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-24-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
very easy on a direct drive, I agree replace regardless of the condition and keep it as a spare.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-24-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
We burn through these things like crazy, for some reason the Corvette LT1 engine hates impellers. Use a little binding lube to help get it in there. Buy two and keep one with your tool kit. Best decision we've ever made, I've probably replaced 2 of them on the water. Pretty scary business when you glance down and the gauge is skyrocketing, especially with our aluminum headers. Crackle crackle!!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-25-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
I also replace the housing. A bit expensive, but insurance. I keep the old housing and a new impeller handy incase it goes at the lake.