Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
Bad news for doctor yesterday. My shattered heal will need atleast two surgeries, and a minimum 6 months in a cast, 4 of which will be non weight baring. That's all before I can start any physical therapy.

I'll missing seeing everyone on the water, and feel free to stop by my place on your way to Orwoods, as I'm about a mileaway. I'M ALREADY GETTING REAL BORED, and it's been less than a week.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
That sucks Jeff!! Hang in there and get you some vids to keep you going. Best of luck with your recovery.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
on the bright side u can perfect ur captain and flaggin skills in ur time off
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-11-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Hey Jeff how did you mess up your heal? That sucks sorry to hear it.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear the news, hopefully you can make a full recovery; it sounds pretty serious.

Maybe take some photo classes at the local JC and start takin pics of people (friends) riding. I know the two easiest ways to get on a boat (when you arent riding) is either with a bikini or lens.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
bummer, good luck with the rehab
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-11-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hope you have a speedy recovery, sorry about your season. When I blew my knee out I was working on my boat driving skills while I healed, I rounded up the crew on crutches and all (not the easiest task on uneven terrain and the beach) and with some extra help prepping the boat from them and of course having them pay for gas I was still more than happy to take them out. Maybe you can do something similar? Play a season of driver/coach.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
The great thing was it happened at work (jumped off a wall that was higher than I thought), I still collect my pay (most of), and have great protection if I can't go back. This is also the bad thing, as the worker's comp insurance is dragging their feet aproving things (the MRI and surgery). I was hoping to have surgery today or tommarow at the latest, but the doctor still has no idea when, because we are waiting to do the MRI.