Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-26-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
shout out if your in the gym several times a week and what your routine and supplements you take..where your at in bodybuilding and what you do in the gym
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-26-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
I'm in the gym every day, but I wouldn't call myself a body builder, I guess I'm just in shape, lol. I take creatine, and we have a Smoothie King in our Rec Center and I usually drink a Gladiator (protein shake) before I work out.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-26-2006, 11:34 PM Reply   
4 on 1 off...light one weeks high reps semi heavy the next week, ....I am eating fairly clean the last few weeks. I have worked out for years but not as hard as when I was younger.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
Dogcrapp. Look it up, if you really want to bring it.
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-27-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
5 on 2 off...sometimes 4 depending on how the week is going its a little tough to keep a tight schedule at school...I just started taking the BSN Mass stack minus Axis HT and just try and eat good if thats possible with school food.
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-27-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
4 on 2 off. Push/pull workout. Supersets w/no rest between: Day 1-Chest/Back, Day 2-Bi/tri, Day 3-shoulders/traps, Day 4-legs. Protein shake right after workout and b4 bed. Same w/creatine. Yoked.
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
400 on 300 off, 42 chicken breast a day, e-z lax in the morning (need to stay regular). I do chest and arms only. I bench 450lbs and can curl 225 for ten. those are the only exercises I do.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-27-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
I go 4 times a week. If you are bodybuilding do not go more then that!! i have 3 protien shakes, creatine (buffered), N02, Gakic, and what ever i can possibly stuff down.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
I'm in about two or three times per week. I hit arms, chest, abs, legs in rotations along with some cardio....tread mills, spinning, swiming....nothing heavy. I focus on leg extensions, curls, and leg press and then bench, butterfly arm curls, tricep extensions. Not trying to beef up....just do all the things that will keep me from blowing out after 10 mins. behind the boat! Taking a multi-vitamin, Flax seed oil, and another joint compound supplement GNC...and of course trying to avoid fast food and most Southern cooking!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-27-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
Heavy training hindered my riding. I always had to consider which days I was riding and what groups I was training.

Landing out in the flats with legs I had trained to failure the day before.....

Shorter sets becuase I had trained back and bi's the day prior.....
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-27-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
I'm on the treadmill four mornings a week and I pump iron three nights a week. I used to be on a more vigorous
weight lifting schedule, but I'm old and shot now. This time of year a pay special attention to leg excercises
(extensions, curls and squats) in preparation for that first day out in the Spring. Otherwise I wouldn't be
able to walk right for a week! All my equipment is in my basement and I find that way better than going to a gym.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       02-27-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
I have the best work out. I lift 12oz at a time!! Do as many reps as I can. Till I do so many that I can even stand up to do any more.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-27-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
how can you stand Gakic...when i took it i was so buzzed when i tryed to workout i got sick and had to leave workout early..ive had great results with sans V12 turbo and biotest spike..there is a cheaper better form of spike called "omega sports power jolt" main ingrediant is sulbutiamine keeps you going forever in the gym.. great results sold by bodybuilding.com, i also take Tyrosine, kre-alkalyn Creatine and AAKG Nitric oxid amplifier for more pumps..veins start poppin out..anyways and the regular protein shake with lots of glutamine..and some other things...
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-27-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'm in the gym 4-5 mornings a week.... Swimming! I swim about 2000-3000 meter workouts. Training for my first Triathlon in April
I also cycle and run obviously. Haven't boarded since I started this workout 3 months ago but i'm curious how it'll help my riding
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-27-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Five in the gym and one on the water during the winter. Five in the gym and two to three in the water during the summer.

I used to go heavy all the time and ended up too exhausted to ride very well on the water.

My workout these days is very similar to Elane's. I do eight to ten reps three sets with one minute or less betweens sets and really try to take myself to failure on each set. I do cardio on the elyptical rider five days a week forty minutes a day on the hill setting. This workout seems to work really well for conditioning as it realates to boarding.

I'm not too much into supliments other than the EAS protein shake for breakfast and a spare in my desk at work for times when I can't get decent food.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-27-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
BG your my hero. I've seen you do so many reps my head starts spinning. That's what I get for trying to keep up.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-27-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
BGs training obviously works..

You should see that boy ride a dirtbike too!

He's an animal!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
but technically BG is only lifting the full 12 oz. once each "barbell". when excercising, it is essential to increase weight as you go. i suggest graduating to a bottle...or maybe even a keg. not only will you get a good workout, but you'll feel much smarter afterwards, and everyone will want to hear your newfound ideas in the loudest voice you can manage
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-27-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
wow, I didn't know anyone knew about DC training!
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-27-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
ryan-how can i stand gakic? I can stand it because it is one of the best work out suppliments on the market. Nothing is like it. You get almost no muscle fatige, its almost scary! Seems you can go for almost ever and not get tired. I have tryed alot of stuff and spent alot of money on suppliments and Gakic is deff one of the best. If you are doing a heavy work out i would say it is almost a must. The GNC's were i shop can not keep enough of this on the shelves. I have never heared of anyone getting sick on the stuff but i guess everyones body reacts differently.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       02-27-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
Evan, You lite weight!!!!! You just have to keep goin!!!! If your head is spinning, that means you are havin a good work out!!! But if you start to get like Billy was that night, Its time to stop!! Racer 5 is the SH**! We need to go up to the new place and get a work out goin!!!

Thanks J!! Its a lot of training.

Thanks for the tip Jeff. I need to step up the weights! I think i will start workin out with 32oz or even 40oz!! I have to get ready for Spring Ride!! I plan on gettin a good work out goin that weekend!!!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-28-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
5 days a week weight, 3 days cardio

Core training primarily, thats what makes you go POP at the wake.
Old    ldp            02-28-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
I just started Beef-Caking a couple of weeks ago and I'm really curious to see if it helps my wakeboarding. Hopefully the gym time is worth it.
Old     (wellsrts)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-03-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
sustenon 250, 7 on, 0 off. just kidding
Old    erlingiii            03-03-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
22 flits of stairs then 100 squats on balance board 3x and bike from when i get off class to dark. Since i messed up my sholder i can't lift anymore without alot of pain. It sucks watching your body dwindle away.