Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
anyone. 925-584-9681
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
well after gettin all loaded up in my boat and finding out that the fuel line was clogged we comandered jrye's boat and had a great day. water was pretty glassy most of the time. alot of debris though. and the water ways are starting to get more populated with other boats. it was hard to pick a straight path for more than a hundred yerds at the most. thanks for makin it out dennis.
Old    walt            02-25-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Where did you ride at ?

Twins were really nice yesterday and fairly clear of crud.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
we rode out of disco, down vics, past union point and down twins. everything was about the worst ive ever seen. right out of disco and the main channel out there was the only place that was clear but there was quite a few other boats out so that area was pretty choppy
Old    walt            02-25-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
What a difference a day makes !
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
thats the tides for ya. alot of the weeds were ded looking so i think that they have been doin alot of spraying to kill them off. and they are jus releasing in chunks. we were out yesterday as well and had great conditions with no weeds anywhere
Old    walt            02-25-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
You must of been riding Vics yesterday ?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
yup
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-26-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
I pulled Chris down Old river at about 3:00 and it was relatively clear. The section just past the Old River bridge was the best.

We stopped at the island, looked down Vic and it looked all clogged up.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
yea were were gonna go down that way but ran outta time
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
hoow is chris ridin this year. is he getting back into his groove yet
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
hopefully wel have better luck today. goin out in an hour
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-26-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Rich / J,

Old River down by Grant Line / Rivers End was un-runnable, fully clogged with debris / plants / weeds. I'd say some spots 80% of the water were covered. I haven't seen it this bad before in years.

Anyways, Goood or Bad - we couldn't make it up towards Vic's but no one could make it down towarsd us. We stayed in south Tracy all day, 1 other boat passed us. Good early season run, sloppy but fun...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-26-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Hey Aaron, if I die, please bury me with my snowboard. I think Hell just froze over. You got the Bowman's over the hill and on the water. Yes, it's quite frozen down there. Hope the runs are good.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-26-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
Thanks to Gordon for the pull. We rode out off Stockton it was great. Here are a few pictures of me trunkin it. Trevor, BigEd, Gordon, thank for your help I'm almost there need more time on the water.
Lzy & Matt
Thanks for the info about slide for a cure. Me and my son will try to go.

Upload
Upload
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-26-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Great pictures Robert!

You will like Slide for the Cure. If it's anthing like the last four, they do a huge raffle, Applebees caters the lunch and a brew fest. There will be a band and host of other activities. Darren was a friend of mine from high school. Good times and very, very kid friendly. Look for us there. I'll put a post in the snowboarding section this week.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-26-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
Jason,

Chris started riding again in July last year and was starting to get back to form when the season ended. He's riden a few times this winter so he should get a good jump on the season this year.

Aaron,

Yep we turned around just past King Island as it started getting real thick. River's End has always been a debris magnet and this year does seem to be as bad as any I can remember.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
thats good to hear. from what i understand he didnt get to ride that much last year so im glad hes gettin a jump on it now. i believe i have his number so ill give him a call soon as the weather gets better. im gonna try to ride at least 3 times a week from now on. and lately i have struggled to even find a second to ride with.

(Message edited by westsidarider on February 26, 2006)
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-26-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Matt & Lzy,
Things like a Slide for a Cure really hit home for my family. We are trying to get more involved in things like this. Our son has been in remission for almost two years, I know some of the people from Wakeworld know about this but this is the first time I have posted this. Matt & Lzy if we can make it we have to hook up if not maybe some time on the water.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-26-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Hey Jason,
I'll be giving you a call soon. We just had our second Baby.
Matteo is almost a month old. Soon as the dust settles - you'll hear my ring for a pull.
I'm boatless till next month.
How'z the family doing?
650 537 1201 (cell)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
whats up alan. were doin great. enjoyin life. caylie is growin up more n more everyday. congrats on the second one. thats cool. i still have ur number so were all good. whenever u want give me a holla. let me know what times and days will be good for u and we will work somethin out. ur gonna have to get me one of ur boards cuz im gonna be on the water a ton. i went out 4 days this week.and as the weather gets better im only gona be out more and more
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-26-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
You know you are already hooked up.
When we next ride - I'll have a little package for you.

Glad to see that your family is growing strong!
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-26-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
Look's Like ya'll had fun.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-27-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
Callen, call me, sucka. I'm down to ride any night of the week (especially after the time change). Your boat or mine. Right now I can be on the water by about 4:30 (kinda late, but cool if we ride just two peeps).

Late
(925) 323-4407
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-27-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
As soon as the weather gets nice (certainly not this week), I'm down for weeknights too.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-27-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
evan? you get out on the snow? its raining buckets in truckee now, but rumor has it we are going to get pounded with snow this week.

starting next week im game to day trip to the delta, if you guys have problems finding a third drop me a line.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-27-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Awsome. I love it when it rains in Truckee in the middle of winter. Yeah, I rode both days. Just cruised Tahoe Donner on Saturday (can't beat $18 lift tickets) and then rode Northstar on Sunday with Scott and a bunch of buddies from down here. Sunday was the best day of riding I've ever had. It was cool riding with some peopel that pushed me. I had a killer time on the rails/boxes. Snow was still so-so. Icy in the AM and nice in the afternoon. Anyway, I'll be up there in two weeks. We should try to hook up. In the meantime, like Jarrod said, I'm down for the weeknights when the weather turns good again.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-27-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
good to hear scott finally got out.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-27-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
its on guys. gonna be an epic summer. if im ridin durin the week il be on the water by 2, but i have no prob pickin u guys up. union point is a good pick up location. lately weve jus been ridin right in front of the bay so even disco or orwood might work. when the time comes well discuss. but its on like donky kong. im more amped on wakeboarding now than ive ever been before. glad u guys had a good time on the mountain, and bikes this weekend.
mike u will have to shot me ur number. eaziest way is cal me and give it to me. mine is 925-584-9681