Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (finless139)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-05-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
I am interested in starting a wakeboarding club. I reside in Jackson, Michigan. Would anyone be interested in a group like this? This group can be for a social gathering, finding others to ride with, teaching/training sessions, plan social activities, Build ramps and sliders and anything else you can come up with. I currently have a 2000 Super Air Nautique that can be used for pulls. If there is any interest for something like this, shoot me an email with your thoughts. My email address is finless139@hotmail.com. Thanks for checking this out.
Old     (thedocta)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
hey I could prolly help out I can't drive yet but id find rides...dont meen to hijack this but if anyone around Kzoo wants to ride this summer hit me up
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-05-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
where is jackson?
Old     (thedocta)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
by lansing i think
Old     (derek_grasman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-05-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
I reside out of Grand Rapids area and am around alittle bit in the summer months. Ill be down for a michigan group of riders.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
MJW
Jackson is off I94 between Battle Creek and Ann Arbor.
I am down in Battle Creek Greg rides with us he can vouge for us. I would be down for a group ride two or three times this year.
Derek
Nice to see ya on the forums this is Rick with Cassette and full on sales group. Are ya going to be at the GR boat show?
We could do a GR pull, a Battle Creek pull and a Kalamazoo Pull.
We should set some dates.
ITCH
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-06-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
I'm down in the souhteast. We just ordered an X-1 from Action up in Traverse City. We'll be trucking it back and forth from home to lake Charlevoix up north it anyone knows where that is...
Old     (derek_grasman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-06-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Rick whats up man. Ill be at the boat show i think i arrive on friday sometime. Ill be out of the country on a trip until then but ill see you there for sure. Ridehype4life. THose guys from action are awesome and that x 1 is sick hope you have fun with it.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-06-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
never been to chalevoix, i have heard of it...

i will be at the GR boat show for sho...
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Me and my buddy would be interested, when we get a real boat we could bring it over to jackson, i'm from rochester. I really need to ride with people that are good to give me some pointers
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-07-2006, 5:30 AM Reply   
Have boat and ride in West Michigan, normally on the bayous off the Grand River in Allendale. Also run the INT competitions in MI. I will be at the GR Boat Show with schedules and info. My booth is across from Action's.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-07-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
Ok I will be at the boat show with my crew on Saturday. I think we are getting there at open usually stay past lunch.
Want to meet at Karls booth say at 11?????????
ITCH
Old    teamtige            02-10-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
hey there,

Just wanted to let you guys know that Parkshore Marina is taking applications for their '06 wakeboarding team, called Team Tigé.

We have a water show coming up June 23-25 on Diamond Lake in Cassopolis, and will also be doing other travelling for competitions throughout the southwest Michigan area (including Kalamazoo, etc.).

Our demo boat is a Tigé 22Vé. You can check out the Tigé website here: http://www.tige.com Click on 'Boats', and select the 22Vé to see pics and info.

We're also interested in any ideas you guys have on building rails, and rail-slide competitions.

We'll have Parkshore Marina reps at the South Bend Boat Show, with Odessey Pontoons, and we'd love to meet you in person and talk more about this opportunity. If you can't make it to the show, e-mail me ( arkshoremarina@gmail.com">parkshoremarina@gmail.com ) or Steve ( stevenmooi4@msn.com ) or call 269-445-5079.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

-- Grace Eby
Parkshore Marina

Old     (finless139)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
What’s up everyone! Glad to see this post has generated some talk. I just closed on my house this week and it has been crazy. I’m all for getting a group together to ride or trying to get some sort of riding club together.

Derek, thanks for the post. I will be down for riding whenever you are around.

Itch if you want to set some dates I will be down for that.

If you need/want a place to ride at, I have a decent spread at Magician Lake. Thanks to everyone that has posted on this so far. Send me an email or post any ideas you have about riding groups or clubs. Thanks

Just some background info. My home lake is Magician Lake, 45 min SW of Kazoo near Dowagiac in the Sister lakes area. I just moved from Kalamazoo to Jackson. I have a brother in Rockford, north of Grand Rapids and I work in Ann Arbor, so I am up for riding anywhere.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-18-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
Matt Z,

I am typing this from Magician lake! I actually have two places on the lake - one I own with my family and one that I bought last year.

Where is your place?

-Keith
Old    drunknboatin            02-18-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
i ride out of grand rapids but have a summer home on spring lake right by grand haven..i do have a boat but not a wakeboarding boat..its an IO without a tower so it sucks..i will be moving up to traverse city in about a month and looking for riders up there but will still have the place on spring lake definately interested in some club riding and what not
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       02-23-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Matt Z and Kilo, my parents live in Edwardsburg not far from you. I will have to hit you up when I am up there visiting this summer.
Old     (bjgreenewb)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-23-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeboardmichigan.com/ will be launched this spring. It is will consist of online forums, free classifieds, picture galleries, etc.. for the local Michigan wakeboarder community. We will be putting on local events like Halloween Washout, Spring fling, etc... that are free for everyone to come out and board behind new boats, meet other WBM members, and hang out. I can't wait. Maybe we'll all hook up this year.

Bryon
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-23-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
Matt, I live outside Toledo, OH. Northwest Ohio. We usually go on the Maumee River here in Ohio. I also ride frequently on Devils lake near Adrian, MI. Think the club is a great idea! I'm down for sure.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       02-23-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Matt, I am friends with Jake and would be in for riding with a group. If you wanted to extend it into Ohio.... The river he mentioned is glass 24 hours a day.. I have a 2000 Kamberra with plenty of ballast and if any of you guys make your way down here I would be happy to offer pulls.
btw, can us Ohioans join the WBM? or is it privy to Michiganders?

Old     (derek_grasman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-23-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Steve Spring lake huh, my parents just moved onto there. Maybe ill see you out there sometime this summer.
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-23-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Jake ... where do you put in on the Maumee? I am in Northville (MI) and would definitely be willing to drive for some good river riding. Any recommendations?
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-23-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
yoyo if u need help with the site let me know...
Old    drunknboatin            02-23-2006, 11:53 PM Reply   
for sure derek ill be up north for most of the summer but i will be down on spring lake for coast guard fesival for the first week in august......we should schedual a meet up in mid michigan or northern michigan where everyone can just get together and ride all day and have like a cook out or something...i have a really good spot its called the gravel pits right near grand valley university its right off the grand river...its some sweet riding
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2006, 5:44 AM Reply   
Hey steve - I ride there all the time. I'll be holding INT comps there this summer. Red/white X-9. Have you joined the GVSU ski club, yet?
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-24-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
Joe, usually in Grand Rapids, OH at Mary Jane Thursteon, or up towards Napoleon, Turkey Foot area. Napolean is almost always glass. If you need any info on the area, e-mail me at Jhertz27@aim.com. If you need riders or need a ride e-mail me anytime.
Old     (finless139)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-24-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
yoyo, I'm with MJW, if u need help with the site let me know. Later
Old    drunknboatin            02-24-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
no karl i dont go to gvsu never new they had one...let me know when your holding the next comp there ill show up...jake you drop your boat in grand rapids?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
The schedule is at www.intleague.com. I have an event guide for you. Let me know where to send it. I am in Allendale, at 84th and LMD.
Old    drunknboatin            02-24-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
for sure can you fax it? we for sure need to ride this summer..i love riding at the gravel pits
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
OK so all this talk has had me thinking I will be the first who is up to meet in Battle Creek on June 10th (you can come in on the 9th) On the 10th we can ride at the bigger public lake and when it gets busy we can move to the private lake in the afternoon where my parents house is and grill,flost,surf. Then in the early eve ride till dusk then if you all stay in town we can ride Sunday morning.
Well who is down?
itch
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Too big to fax. I'll snail mail it. rider@boarditup.com with your address.
Old    drunknboatin            02-25-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
itch, count me in! ill have to drive down from traverse city though..im moving up there in the next 2 weeks...we should schedual another for the gravel pits off the grand river in grand rapids right by GVSU for the first or second week in august..itch do you have AIM? msg me if you do or anyone else that wants to ride this summer..RossiFT120 or yahoo tahoesportin22s
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
Drove by the pits today. A little open water, but it would wreck the hull to break through enough to ride. River looked OK, but that wind - I bet the wind-chill was single digits. 6 more weeks.
Old     (bjgreenewb)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-25-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
Hey mjw and Matt Z, I sent you both emails about WBM. Let me know if you didn't get the email.

Bryon
Old    drunknboatin            02-26-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
for real i have wetsuit :-) if anyone wants to come up to torch lake this summer my friend has a place on the lake just no boat up there yet..just a boat on spring lake
Old     (finless139)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-27-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
Itch, I am down for riding that weekend. Let me know if you need any help or need another boat. I am always willing to lend a hand. Send me detials when things come together. Thanks
Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
Matt, Me and my buddy would be up fot this. I live at Devils lake Just south of Jackson and he lives at Clark lake in Jackson. We ride with an 05 x-10. Let me know.
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-28-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Itch ... I can round up my crew ... what's the lake? I'm in Northville (MI)
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-01-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
Joe down in Battle creek there are like six lakes all within 15 miles of each other my main lake which is the private lake is Beadle Lake at exit 100 off I94.
Who else this might turn into something big
Itch