Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    mcxstar            08-19-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
I was thinking about reupholstering the interior of my X-star. There was some weather damage from the previous owner that I simply cannot get cleaned off. You cant see it when the cushions are in but it still bothers me. The vinyl on the engine cover is also splitting at the stitching which seems like a common problem from what Ive read.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience in paying to have this done? All Im really looking for is a cost on the vinyl itself, I have a boat dealer that owes me a favor (doesnt do wakeboats) so he will apply the vinyl. Id really be interested if anyone has bought the vinyl from Mastercraft but any alternatives are welcome.

Looking to replace the following:
all 3 engine compartment covers
All removable seat cushions
Rear cushion
cornder cushion
side cushion
storage compartment cushion
all 3 bow cushions.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2005, 3:00 AM Reply   
Have a friend that replaced his in a 205V, I'll try to ask him what MC charged him
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-21-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
I had my boat cushions done, three cushions, passenger seat, and a folding jump seat. 2 tone with double stitching etc. Vinyl was about 150$, ten yards. Total 600$. Skins were gonna cost me 600$ alone for this boat.

Same guy did another guys boat on here, his was an MC, he was happy too.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-23-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
We had ours done last winter because of an orange color showing up and the center engine cover was torn. MC gave us all the skins free. Cost $300 in labor.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-24-2005, 1:50 PM Reply   
Hey Psyclone...that was me that hooked you up with the Roswell Furniture/Vinyl place...how did it turn out? Did they do a good job for you?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-24-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
Yep, good work and good price. I've sent a bunch of people there, the old lady that runs the place says she's going to change the name to Roswell Marine:-) I appreciate the tip. I'm on Lanier most of the time, where're you?
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-25-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
Psyclone...good to hear that hey hooked you up and that you were as pleased with their work as I was. I couldn't believe it when I went back to pick up my cushions...they looked brand new. I also ride on Lanier on the north end where there aren't as many boats. We usually put in at Little Hall off by Harbour Point neighborhood off of 369 (exit 17 off of 400) but lately we have been going all the way up 400 past the outlet malls and putting up there where the lake begins. No one ever up there....glass all day long. Right now my boat is in my garage...had a bearing go out on me that screwed up my spindle on my axle about 3 weeks ago. So I have a new axle on order and going to try to fix it next week in time for next weekend. Where do you usually ride?