Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    jobe            08-09-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
Hey im thinkin of gettin the new 06 lsv wakesetter. If u guys or girls have any knowledge about this boat plez write. Iv seen the stuff on this web site, just lookin for more stuff like the wake and stuff.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
The wakeworld official boat is an 06 vlx, not an 06 lsv. Sorry dont have any other info
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-09-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
Not sure about the 06's but the 05's are HUGE!! I looked at the Malibu line close up for the first time last week and I was very impressed. I dont think much is changing for 06. Tons of room for peps and storage and you better hope gas prices dont keep rising because at 55gal and if you go with the 410hp it will cost a small fortune to run. Beautiful boat though.
Old    jobe            08-09-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
Ya the gas is expensive!! I know the 05's wake is huge! I just want some info on the 06! Thanks. The hydrolic wedge sounds really nice!
Old    zboomer            08-09-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Chris, check out http://www.themalibucrew.com.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-09-2005, 11:51 PM Reply   
I drove and rode behind 9 different boats, visited 4 factories, and extensively reviewed construction on these boats. Wakesetter VLX wins!! Wake shape is personal preference, so to get the most out of your riding try and demo as many boats as you can and select the wake that fits your style and a boat you enjoy driving. For me the VLX throws the most impressive shape and size of wake for my riding. And it's built very well with an extreme attention to detail.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
I've ridden behind an 04 LSV which is the same hull. Awesome wake and the Ultimate luxury boat. It doesn't get any more comfortable imo.
Old    jobe            08-10-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
Ya iv ridden behind an 05 wakestter vlx. Sweet wake! Lots of pop! Anyone with more 06 info.
Old    jobe            08-10-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
Any one
Old    zboomer            08-10-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Dude, go to the link I gave you above, and/or hit the search button. The '06 changes have been posted previously.
Old    jobe            08-11-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
sweet
Old     (masterxstar)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
NOW I HAVE SEE IT ALL " THE MALIBU CREW " WHATS NEXT "CENTURION BOYS" NO WAIT I KNOW "MALIBU DUDES" THATS SOUNDS COOL I CANT WAIT TO JOIN
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
if you are going to spend that much money, i would go against buying a VLX. i will most likely get reemed out for this but the new hull is absolutely terrible. The way it is shaped, you need a ton of weight but the only problem is then it will not get on plane. I will include that i loved the 04 vlx wake and think it was just as good as its competitors but the 05 and 06 are not what you want if you are looking strictly for a wakeboarding boat. It has a lot of room which is night and a plush interior, but i will highly reccomend looking into another option. I am not overlly sure about the LSV but if i were going to get a boat that size i would look into a 226 nautique or an X-Star, which both can be weighted normally to throw a really nice wake...my 2 cents
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-11-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
Kyle, have you ever been behind the new VLX? I realize it is your opinion but having an 04 Vlx and an 05 I can tell you that the wake got better with the new hull. I normally run factory ballast and the wedge only when we have 6 or more people and the wake is nice. I have also run the boat with 2500lbs of ballast and the wedge and the boat never once had a problem planing off and that is with the 340 Monsoon and stock prop. Maybe the one you were in was not properly setup or there was just something wrong, but the new hull is not awful, and many people on here would agree with me.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
ive ridden behind a new VLX probably 10 times or so, and the same with the 04 VLX. it might have been the one i was in but i still saw the shape, and i loved the 04 shape but the 05 shape i felt could have used a lot more work
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-12-2005, 5:13 AM Reply   
I had a 2000 Sunsetter which is the same hull as an '04 VLX and now have an '05 VLX. Everyone who has ridden behind the new boat feels that the wake is much nicer than it was with the old hull. I also ride behind an X30 pretty often and the VLX wake is way more solid and rampy with an awesome transition. However, the fact is that everybody has a different preference when it comes to wake size and shape.
Old    jobe            08-12-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
cool back to the 06's
Old    zboomer            08-12-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
Yeah, you gotta love it when one guy doesn't like a boat and declares for the world that the hull is terrible, boat won't plane, etc.

Malibu could barely build them fast enough to keep up with demand, so there aren't many that agree. :-)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-12-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
new for 2006? puh-puh-power wedge! :-) its optional, and there is a switch to move it up or down on the dash. you have to be out of gear to move it, obviously. once its down you can actually move it up or down a bit to change the shape of the wake.

is there an 06 wakesetter (VLX) thread? i havent seen one, not that ive really been searching for one much. anyways here's the power wedge. excuse the quality the pic is from my Razr phone...
Old    jobe            08-12-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
thanks
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-12-2005, 11:27 PM Reply   
Kyle, different wakes for different people! The new VLX has a wake that is the best for me, steep with long transitions. A Monsoon will easily put the boat on plane, I feel with statements like "the new hull is terrible" would make one believe you're a mastercraft salesman and can't believe how many 06 VLX's are being sold right now with a 1-2 month waiting list. Better write some more unfounded slams. Maybe the bad VLX press will help sell more x-stars?
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-13-2005, 11:21 PM Reply   
actually i have a SANTE, the xstar was the old boat but i have had this name for so long that i didnt want to change it. I am not a salesmen by any means
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2005, 7:35 AM Reply   
Kyle, whoever owns this VLX that you ride behind better get a clue on just how to weight the boat properly, and tell him to take it in to the dealer because something is wrong with it if its not planing out. My buddies boat kicks ass and has one of the biggest wakes that I have been on including the X-Star. I will also mention that we ride on a shallow lake which makes it ever harder to make a big wake. Your friend is obviously NOT doing something right. You can do nothing to that boat and it will make a great wake. And just so everyone knows I have an SSV.
Old    jobe            08-15-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
sweet
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-15-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
I wonder what gas prices will be next summer?
$4/gallon X 40 gallons, $160 for one day. Damn
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
When I was shopping for a boat a few months ago, my local Malibu dealer could not even get me Waksetter VLX, or even a VLX! They had neither. I could get a LSV, but selection was limited. Had no problem finding Sans, X stars, X2s, or just about anything else. Not bad for a boat with a bad wake
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-16-2005, 1:29 AM Reply   
I think the quote was "terrible wake".

The word is out, the VLX wake more than impressive.
And people are test driving them and buying them faster than they can build them. At one dealership in NorCal I was told the wait is now 3 months.
Old     (fyrdawg)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
I have an 05 VLX and LOVE it!!! Never have any probs plaining out, and thats with full ballast, wedge, and 8 people in the boat( i know way too many bodies). The wake is awesome. The 06' is the same as the 05' but has a few upgraded accessories, ie. hydraulic wedge. The unfortunate thing is the price will be more...
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-16-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
ridin behind a 247 lsv tonite!!! ill let ya know
Old    oshensurfer            08-16-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
Should be demo'ing a 06 VLX Thursday...
Old    jobe            08-17-2005, 10:52 PM Reply   
nice
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
As to original post, 06 should rock, have 04, only changes I'm aware of since are a few engine mods, in floor rear ballast, ballast gauges,etc... As far as I know hull is same, oh yeah hydrolic wedge should be cool. Weighted right this boat performs with the best! I typically carry extra 600lbs since many a time it's just wife and I. Helps offset lack of bodies when we're off on our own. ie- 400lbs aft, 200lbs extra up even with driver's seat. Wake is awesome without wedge, if you want a little more lip drop wedge and BAM! Can also surf forever with just wife in boat and I know there's not many boat's that can pull that off.
Overall room is great.

Kyle: X-star is cool, has much storage, but as far as people room doesn't come close. Wake is also awesome,but is one of the most tempermental wakes I've come across. Not a slam just truth. Been in and ridden behind all. No need to hang off tower to surf like on SAN. They all rock, all have advantages and disadvantages. My only complaint of my BU has been dealer, but has since been worked out.
Old    jobe            08-18-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
thanks