Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    sharkmi            08-12-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
I now have a 20' i/o and live on a very large lake. I want to get a new boat, but ski boats are impracticle on my lake. Has anyone been behind a Seadoo wake boat? How does it compare to an i/o? What kind of wake does it throw? Thanks for any help.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-12-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
The wake is not too bad but definatly does not compare to a Wakeboard boat wake. I currently have one but plan on upgrading eventually. I am new to wakeboarding and didn't really know any better, but obviosly you can board behind it. Just don't expect to go big
Old    bighitbiker3            08-12-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
It will throw a much worse wake than your i/o. It is not a wakeboard boat just because it has a tower. Remember that.
Old    goynesbg78            08-12-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
hey man, i own one, and while it is not a v-drive quality wake, it gets the job done. my son and i have both learned behind it, and i am 250 lbs and can manage good wake to wake action with a good driver. It takes a bit more attentive driver because speed control can be hard to manage with the smaller impeller, but it is manageable. It is such a low maintenance ride though, no props, it runs in 12 inches of water, just check the oil and go, it is a good first boat, or a boat to fill a specific need like you have. I am currently selling it to upgrade to a wakeboard specific boat that is much bigger, now that we have a vehicle that is able to pull just about anything(within the wakeboard spectrum), when we bought it we did so because we could pull it with a v6. email me if you want to see some pics. I live in austin,TX
Old    goynesbg78            08-12-2005, 11:13 PM Reply   
just to clarify--it is the seadoo challenger x-20. so it is not one of the tiny ones--bg
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-13-2005, 1:35 AM Reply   
seadoo wakeboard boat - does not compute.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-15-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
WHy is a V-drive not good for your lake? A wb boat will handle more than a seadoo. My X2 runs in 18in of water and all I do is check the oil and go.