Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    premazipp            08-10-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
better wake???
better boat???
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
I would consider an avalanche instead of the cyclone while comparing it to the 21v. The 21v is a very nice boat starting with the interior. Never rode behind one but have been in them at the dealer. The wake is really nice and rampy from what i heard. The avalanche handles really well in rough conditions and the wake is really nicely shaped with a nice lip on it. Demo both boats and see which on you like better. I would go with supra because its seems more of a solid boat to me. DEMO DEMO DEMO

(Message edited by damned04 on August 10, 2005)
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
You really do need to demo both. The wakes are VERY different. Both are good boats and the dealer makes a big difference as well.
Old    premazipp            08-11-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
Eric,
You say the wakes are VERY different. In what ways? Have you been behind both? Thanks for the help.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Prema zipp-I've ridden both and he's right, they are VERY different, with factory ballast, and a few people in both. IMO, there's a big difference in size, the 21V is 'thicker' in that it's a hard wake all the way to the top. The 21V also has a bit more mellow transition with the wakeplate almost all the way down. I could go on and on, but you really need to check them both out and make your own decision.
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-11-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
The Cyclone is very steep and hard like a Nautique wake and the Supra is more rampy. The Avalanche is the same as the Cyclone just bigger. I like the steep wake like the Avalanche and Cyclone but not everyone does. It is personal preference and that is why it is very important to demo both.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
i have owned a moomba & 3 supras so of course i'm biased. i currently own a 21v & am very happy with it. it has the most pop i've experienced. i have never ridden behind a centurion, but in my opinion their boats dont seem as well put together & are not as plush as supras.
Old    r3612            08-11-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
I have spent time behind both and OWN an 04 Cylone. Honestky the wakes are very very different in shape. As far as the boats themselves each has it's pros and cons in my opinion. The space of a 21v is much more for sure. I really like the playpen bow and observers seat in the 21v. Very very nice features. The supra is also deeper on the inside Gunwales are a little higher than the Cyclones. Both boats handle the rough water very very well only I feel the Cylone is much better and forgiving IMO. Also not as much rattle in the Cylone throgh the d-ups.

The Cylone's wake happens to be my favorte right behind the nauty for sure. The problem is that the Cylone's will be a bit touchy side to side when riding with different amounts of people in the boat, but once you get it dialed in it's the bomb. Just takes a little more fidgiting with. Also the powerplant on the Cylone I do prefer. MErc dealers are everywhere. Also feel like the Cylone has way more zip out of the hole. I get better fuel consumption for sure. I haven't been in a Supra with an upgraded engine tho, but factory to factory the Centurions has more zip. The Cyclone also drive much more nimble than the Supra.

These are just my opinions for sure Definitely get behind both. Can't go wrong with either. As far as Size wise the 21v is right between the Cylone at 20ft and some change and the Avalanche at 22ft and some change. I would definitely check out the Avy as well. HAs a bit more storage than the 21v but will feel the same behind your truck as the 21v as supras are heavy.

If there's any advice to give get behind both and also get to know each dealer. A lot of people over look that part about the dealer, but they canbe your best freind or your worst nightmare. they are the ones who get your warranty work done for you and all the other work as well.