Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (fyrdawg)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-04-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
I have 1/4 inch of play in my illusion tower. When i hit rollers and have someone on the rope, the tower makes a loud banging noise. I want the dealership to replace the tower completely. Not to mention, the dealership installed the tower with the wrong bolts. Is anyone with an illusion tower having these same problems? Help..
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
I don't have the illusion, but friends do. Assuming play is at base, could cause eventual trouble with gelcoat at bolting and make things worse for you. Dealer should not bat an eye, needs to be corrected, especially since they installed. Good luck.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Brett there should be no play on the tower. Theres absolutly no play on my tower and it is very sturdy. That problem needs to be replaced by your dealer.
Old     (fyrdawg)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-04-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
The play is not at the base but rather at the 4 bolts securing the tower to the base. I think part of the problem is the dealership fastened the tower to the base utilizing the wrong bolts. The front bolts should be corogated (sp) and the rear bolts are a smooth shank. The dealership got the bolts mixed up. The tower being aluminum got chewed up by the corogated shank. The dealership's idea of a fix was to bore out the rear holes in the tower and install a shim. I want the dealership to replace the tower completely. This has been a total pain in my a$$.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-04-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
Call the factory
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2005, 4:50 PM Reply   
My friend has this tower on his boat and it is rock solid.Here is my take on this... i cannot believe the dealer is trying to "rig" that tower with some shims. They installed it incorrectly and they should take responsibility. As Mikeski wrote.. call the factory if need be. These boats/towers cost too much to not be completely satisfied with the purchase.
Old    wake138            08-04-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
when we broke our illusion x tower it took a whole 6 weeks to replace just a month for the tower to arrive. hopefully you will not have the same problem. And the new one has a lot more play than the orginal tower.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-04-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
I have heard that there are shims now available.

This is a new thing.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-06-2005, 6:05 AM Reply   
You should try calling Malibu customer service and telling them that the dealer will not fix your problem. That way, they will make your dealer fix it. Your $55k boat shouldn't do that.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-06-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
mills- how did your illusion tower break?