Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
May part ways with my BU. Think need some time away from boat ownership. Love the boat and all but have many boat owners to ride with. NADA gives low of $48,200 and high of $56,850 give or take given extras and or condition.
Boat as of now: White top and hull, platinum and charcoal accents, hammerhead 380hp, polished titan tower, quadzilla tower lights, 4 bullet tower speakers, 2 titan spinner racks,bimimini top,depth finder, heated driver's seat, docking lights, hot water shower, heater, stainless exhaust,sampson tower mirror,perfect pass, custom tow cover,dual batteries,fiberglass platform, Stereo completely redone not sure if all would go with boat depends on price-pioneer premium deck with 2 remotes, all kicker speakers(12 in all including tower and 2 10"L5's),3 amps.
Trailer is ryan with swivel tongue.

Like I said have'nt completely decided to sell, and this is not meant as an ad, just want to get some realistic ideas of what to expect. Boat prices can be so up and down I find it tough to predict what it could be.
Almost forgot, it has about 135 hours, and in as good condition as you could hope a "NEW" boat to be in.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-03-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
After reading all the problems you have had with it, I would say the 48K sounds about right. To someone off the street, I would run it in the 50-52K range.
Old    bambamski            08-03-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
That still seems high. All your stereo equimpment is pretty much worthless when it comes to selling a boat or car. When I went to sell mine the dealer said they give you about 10 cents on the dollar for stereo and speakers. You'd get more dough out of it if you sold that stuff separately.
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Paul,
Not sure if I will part ways or not, this whole posting thing has soured me a bit. (MY own fault)
The problems before were simple, but as any boat owner could say simple problems not addressed lead to big displeasure. I refuse to jump back in the fire. I have had opportunity to own a few boats, and have many friends with various wakeboard boats. As hard as it might be to admit EVERY boat maker has it's issues. Thanks for the input for price, I do appreciate everyone's opinion.
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-03-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Just a quick thought, but your price also should/will reflect the time of season. Your now getting to the point where there are 2-4 months left of riding, followed by 4-6 months of layup over the winter. If you expect to sell during the months of September - January, expect to get less money. Selling in late winter/early spring will likely fetch you the highest price, where the owner will have an entire season to use the boat, they'll be more motivated to buy.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-03-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
I hear what you are saying Chris. The first MC I bought (205dd) had a few minor issues. I had to contact the dealer a lot about it, and it seemed as though I was bothering him. As soon as I contacted the area rep, the dealer got a whole lot nicer and fixed everything without question. I was more upset at MC because I wanted one for so long and read all their ads talking about quality. I was disappointed when I was having problems, so I let them hear about it. I traded that boat the next year and bought an 01 X-Star(X2 now)and have not had one problem with it. It has been a pleasure to own. Hope that all goes well for you.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
What kind of Bu is it?
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
2004 Wakesetter LSV--23 foot