Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
I've waited a long time to do this, and it sure is a good feeling! I've been reading these discussion boards for 5+ years and have always dreamed about posting MY boat some day like all the ones that have been posted here over the years. I'm very blessed to be able to say that...Today is that day!!!

We picked her up from WSA (thanks!) on Saturday and got to take a quick spin on Lake Lavon. Since our dealer had one in stock that we really liked, we decided to take it instead of putting ourselves through 2+ months of agony to order the exact same boat. It's nothing too fancy with options and color schemes, but I think that we will like her just fine.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
I can only seem to post one pic at a time. Guess I'll have to do some resizing tonight.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 8:00 AM Reply   

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
A couple of more.

Frank (The Tank) with help hitching up and a transom view. I hope to get some more (and better) pics this weekend. Life is good!

Old    zboomer            04-11-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
Nice 'Bu! You know I love black and red -- looks very sweet on the water.

congrats!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-11-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Great looking boat.... Love the seating. These new boat threads always put a smile on my face, reminds me of the excitement I had picking mine up. Congrats!!!!

E.J.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Im jealous.....that is a beautiful boat.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!

A question for the Bu owners:
We had that red light (by the driver) come on our first time out and were a little freaked out. It said something about low oil pressure under 1200 rpm's. We checked the v-drive oil and everything was good. Anyone know about this?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
never trust the tank to hook up anything If you see me out at Lavon stop over. We were out early Saturday morning , off the water by 9:30a.m. Great looking boat.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-11-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
That is the V-drive warning light. If it stays on above 1200 RPMs you have a problem. It is normal for it to stay on below that number because of the lack of pressure at slow speeds.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       04-11-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
Look great hope you got the deal that you wanted!!

later
Shawn
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Thanks again.

Shane - We'll have to look out for you and your pimpin' Bu as we will be spending most of our time at Lavon as well. I can't wait to ride behind it!!!

Chris - Thanks for the heads up. We talked to the dealer today and they said basically the same thing. It just wasn't a good feeling for red lights to be going on and off the first time out!

Shawn - Thanks. Yeah, I think we got pretty close. Tim and Frank were probably about to shoot us (hahaha) but I guess that's the way negotiations go sometimes. I'm just glad that process is over and now we can just enjoy her!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
Jarret don't forget to check out http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

sort of the defacto place after MBO went away, a lot of the regulars are over there.
Old    clubjoeskier            04-11-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
THAT....is one nice looking ride!!
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-11-2005, 5:15 PM Reply   
what did happen to mbo?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
Nothing fancy? Right! She's a beaut!!! Congratulations!

The red light is usually on at idle. It should go off as soon as you give any throttle.

Have fun! Just in time for summer.

small hijack:
MBO was great, then all of a sudden it was gone. My guess is they are maybe with a different provider/server, etc. Anyway, no warning. I tried to log on yesterday with a new password they sent. It definately looks different, and will take some getting use to. Some areas look really nice, such as where you can show your boat, and options/details, etc. It will take time to get use to, but if it is anything like MBO was, it will be great.

Hijack off:

Jarret, If you were not on MBO before, check it out. Great bunch of folks there.

Enjoy your new boat!!
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-11-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
i just found the www.themalibucrew.com

Seems like most people from mbo found their way to the site
Old    stormrider            04-11-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
Congrats. I just bought a 04 SANSE, but I've heard nothing but good things from people who have owned or ridden behind the Malibu.

Ride safe!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-12-2005, 6:40 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone. We are very excited to say the least! If now I just could get off work to go enjoy the new toy!

Buzz - I had made some posts on MBO during the decision making process and plan to be a regular visitor to The Malibu Crew now. Thanks for the heads up.
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-12-2005, 7:49 AM Reply   
I have been looking at buying the same boat, if you dont mind me asking, what options did you get & how what was the total?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-12-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Nice boat!!!