Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    lunaraven            02-28-2005, 3:35 PM Reply   
I'm going on a Europe trip and will be hitting several cable parks. I have never rode cable before and have a Motive 134 and a Premier 140 that I usually ride. Which would be better for cable?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-01-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
I'm totally sold on the Motive. It holds a good edge, releases and slides like butter when flat, and the molded fins are so small that they don't catch on the sliders. That's the board in my profile pic.
Old    lunaraven            03-01-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
Thanks John.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-02-2005, 4:39 AM Reply   
I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
John rocks it on the Motive. the premier is awsome for sliders. If you can fit both in your bag I would.
Old     (cable_rocker)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-02-2005, 5:26 AM Reply   
where in europe du you want to go?
Old    lunaraven            03-02-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
I'm going to Germany, Switzerland, and Balkans/Adriatic. I have most of my stops figured but would like to find a nice cable park close to Frankfurt if you could recommend one perfekte (south or east prefereably to be on my route)
My bag will have my wakeskate too so I can only bring one wakeboard, guess I'll let the baggage handlers beat up the motive...
Old     (cable_rocker)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-02-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
we got many cable parks in germany
take a look at www.wasserski.de there are some of the cable parks.
and near frankfurt are 4 parks but i never been there befor.
i ride in langenfeld, its the biggest cable in germany with 3 lakes, kickers, funbox and sliders.

or come to www.wakeforum.de you can post in english if you got a question or search a ride behind the boat.

an yes the motiv is the better choice for the cable and sorry for my bad english.
Old    lunaraven            03-03-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the links perfekte that gave me all the info i needed. Your english is good, much better than a lot of the guys I work with...
Old     (cable_rocker)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-04-2005, 12:52 AM Reply   
and when will you start your trip to europe/germany?

cause in the moment it`s very cold here.
Old    lunaraven            03-04-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
Middle of May till Middle of June, should be nice and warm by then.
Although as long as the parks are open I dont care, I ride here with temps well under 10 C with no discomfort. Here the sun tends to bring the winds so one needs to suffer a little for good water.

Have you ever been to some of the southern cable parks like Keifersfelden or Blaichach?
Old     (cable_rocker)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-04-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
no i never was at one of this cable parks.
but ask at www.wakeforum.de there are some riders from there and kiefersfelden is the home cable from the european champion.

in the midlle of may the weather ist fine but in the moment we got -10C°, our see is complete freeze up and next week open the cable.
thats not normal at this time of the year...... :-(