Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    sliderfreak            10-12-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
ok so i have an 04 byerly and the cut outs de lamed on me. but..... i had slid it and my warranty was voided so they decided not to give me a new but fix it and send it back. so i got my board back yesterday and i looked at it and it looks worse than it did wen i sent it to them.then there was a letter inside wich basically said that they "might as well" fix it "since i drove to redmond from covington" and "next time they rnt goin to take care of me" wen i get home i can write the whole letter if anyone wants.i dont think this is right.if anyone works over there at hyperlite please tell me wuts up cuz hyperlite might loose a customer.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
There is only one o is lose boys!!!!

Sorry, had to say it, anyway that sucks with your board. Hope hype makes it right!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Mitch, Lets say you drive your car on the railroad tracks and a train hits it, do you think they'll cover it under warranty? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

Read your warrany card. If it says that the warranty would be void if the board is run over any objects (other than water), then you have to respect that. I would consider yourself lucky that they took care of it this time.

BTW - delamination is not the end of the board. I have slid mine over rails and rocks, and the edge is so rough, it would cut your hand, but the board is still very rideable.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-12-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
well its a hyperlite, what else would you expect.
Old     (hobag)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-12-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
Dude

common sense, if its slid - warranty is voided, isn't every company like that? My experience has shown me that.

Sounds like they didn't have to do anything at all, did you even take it to a dealer that you bought if from to avoid all this hassle? I bet you just drive it to the factory expecting to get a new board.

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
I would expect the same awesome quality and support that Hyperlite has always given us.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   

Get a slider board....Buy my premier from me. he, he. Incidently, that is what the warranty cards says. Hyperlite has always taken great care of me. I know if I slide a board its my problem.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
yea, if you are gona slide stuff then have a different board for it. Commone sense tells you its gona be get jacked up.
I remember my first slider i made was a 20ft piece of 6in pvc. I had been hitting it for a while. One day i was sessioning it and the water had gone down some and my dad was talking and back off the throttle a little. I ended up olline way short and taking 6in in wide, 2 in deep chunk out of the t/s rail of my board. Ever since then i hit sliders with an old board.

In all comparison, do you think that if you went out and hit a ton of rails on your snowboard or skate board and it broke. Do you think they would just give you a new one back? Everyone would slide stuff not matter what it was and just send there stuff back and get new board.

Sorry they wouldn't fix it, but if they fixed stuff like they wouldn't be able to stay in buisness. I think LF, GB or whoever would do the same thing
Old    sliderfreak            10-12-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
i guess the thing is that they sent the nasty ass letter to me sayin they might as well fix it and i shoodnt bother them next time. i did talk to my dealer and he said all he could do waz send it to them and hL wood see wut they could do and i wood have to pay the shipping.but the letter waz just un-nessicary i mean ive been w/ HL for ever since i started and they treat a loyal customer like this but thats for the input i guess ima idiot
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-12-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
Yep, if you slide it, there's no reason to expect anything from them.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-13-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
Unless the company claims that they have a "slider base", then I would think it should be under warranty since the board was designed to be used on sliders.

Hey mitch, I live about 30 minutes from Covington...

Louisiana
Old    sliderfreak            10-13-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
haha worng state! but ya its the byerly w/ the jib base and all that im just the letter waz way outta line i mean if u want me to post the letter i will b gald. if HL wants to me rep broken boards and bad mouth about how they wont fix my stuff and how it falls apart they dont have to write me a nasty letter
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-13-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hyperlite is an awesome company with outstanding service. I've owned many of their products over the last 8+ years, and have nothing but praise for their support. They've gone out of their way to fix and/or replace things for me on several occasions. Sorry bro, but you won't garner a lot of support for bashing Hyperlite around these parts.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-13-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
damn, a whole lot of stupidity goin' on the boards these days.

nice pic barry!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
last I checked Texas was on the Gulf of Mexico which isn't a lake. I really hope you were kidding John Doe.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-13-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
That pic was taken in Tamarindo, Costa Rica, little boy. (just like the caption says) Also, a couple weeks ago, I surfed on 8' swells from hurricane Ivan in Corpus Christi.

"There ain't no surf in Texas!"
> http://www.onr.com/user/bigd/
> http://66.132.136.171/surfcam/index_orig.shtml
> http://www.surfcorpus.com/
> http://www.thirdcoastsurf.com/
> http://www.tgsa.org/
> http://www.surfrider.org/centraltexas/
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
Didn't head up to Mobile for the 30 footers huh?? Just kidding that's awesome you got some 8 footers in too bad it takes a hurricane to produce that.
Old    210n            10-13-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
gulf of mexico = lake in my eyes
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-13-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
"gulf of mexico = lake in my eyes"
Gotta say that's true most of the time.
Check this out:
http://www.dreamspellmovie.com/ivan/
Old    210n            10-13-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
sweet