Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (player)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-03-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
i've got a 2004 obrien player 138 i ride it with 2004 ultra suctions but im gonna buy the 2004 parks boots, its kinda messed up due to sliders and i was thinkin of buying a new board, one with lods of pop, soft landing and not too slow. I was thinking of the 2004 TFD 136 biolite, 2004 Prodigy Platnium 135 or 2005 Substance 138 but im really not sure. I also don't have that much money to spend thats why im not sure about it, i would buy the substance but i doubt ill have enough money. Please help!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-03-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
yo bro don't get the parks if you like the Ultras. I traded my '04 Ultras for a pair of Parks. Worst thing I ever did. Luckily I got my Ultras back. I love Ultras.
Old     (player)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-03-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
yeh, they're good but i've riden with my friends parks and i prefered it
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-03-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   

quote:

a new board, one with lods of pop, soft landing and not too slow.

sounds like you're talking about the board i ride....blindside blade 138.

by the way, if you don't want a slow board, stay away from the prodigy...one of the slowest boards out there.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-03-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
If your wanting loads of pop, I would steer clear of the TFD, the board doesnt pop you high at all, its more of a mellow pop. Out of the boards you listed above I would say go for the Substance, you should also check out the Gonzalez, it fits your description pretty well.
Old    slideit            10-03-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Demo the hyperlite state board
Best board value for 2005!
Within 5 minutes I was sold
Old     (player)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-09-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
i though the states pop wasn't that good. One thing i've realized, buying a new won't help you improve that much unless u had a really old board that was horrible then u suddenly bought a new one that was 10 times better, it depends more on u, the rider u determine the pop, the edge and everything u just got to unlesh u'r true potential on the board. For example, i have the 2004 player 138 and i rode once or twice with my my friends 2004 premier 136, i went higher with his board and i though it was better then a few weeks ago i got my pop just right for my board and now im going much higher.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-09-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
no way, the only board to ride is the player. You need that and a pair of Argon, Obrien bindings, thats the ticket!
Old    wakeboardn4life            10-10-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
go with the substance its fast when you get on it explosive pop soft landings great board i love it
Old    lil_butze            10-11-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
yeah i would say go with the substance it is an awsome board. it has everything you said you wanted in a board
Old     (todd_everton)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 2:01 AM Reply   
Jobe Lyman 141.I love this board!!!The best board I've ridden.Very smooth,ton of pop.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
Get the state board, byerly bindings and have enough money left over to buy a roam board to F-off on. The state board is a great board for the money and will definitely allow you to advance your riding. Not a ton of pop, but super solid and fun, plus its cheap and I hear the Roam board is sick. For reference I own a substance 138 ('04 may be for sale?), and I usually ride a '04 premier. About the TFD... The pop is all subjective. I've got a friend that does the biggest raileys, crows, and elephants on one that you've ever seen. I know everyone says their buddies go big, but I'm talkin 15-20 feet into the flats behind a LSV at 80' of line. That board definitely pops when ridden correctly.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-12-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
Just need to throw my prefernece in the mix. Absolute = tons of rocker give it massive but controllable pop, center spine smooths landings & it's relatively quick, I ride it finless & it's pretty mellow.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
CWB ABSOLUTE 135!! Very fast, pillow soft landings, and tons of pop. Ive ridden many boards and this one is truly the best ever. I can get you one really cheap but email me: bwaters1@tampabay.rr.com
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
you may wanna check out the LF Subject before you settle, it's fast with tons of pop and soft landings..