Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (catdaddy76)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-06-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
I am a boat dealer and the first day back after a holiday weekend is ALWAYS full of complaints and problems. I would like to know how many of you had problems this weekend... major or minor.
Old    leggester            07-06-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
Had the bearings burn up on the way home Saturday...

Spent Sunday morning doing a bit of road side repair :-)
Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-06-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
I helped a guy who had hit a rock that was submerged aout 6 inchs under the surface on Lake Oroville CA. 04 B-52 with 30 hrs. Took out everything under the boat and left a foot long crack in the bottom of the boat that was taking on water. Bilge would not keep up so we took the ballest pump lines off of the tanks and stuck them in the sump and reversed the pumps. with both pumps working it kept up with the leak and we towed it to the ramp. poor guy.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
blew out a tire on the 5th wheel, thats about it, everything else was perfect
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-06-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
Brad, I was under the impression that the B-52's used only gravity to fill the ballast system. Oh well I may be misinformed. Matt
Old    nj0024            07-06-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Blew out my first tire on the single axle trailer at 10:30pm Thursday night on the way to the lake. Hadn't taken that tire off before (got the boat a year ago) so lucky for me it was that night (on the side of a road in darkness with a blown tire!) that I realized that two of my lug nuts were a larger size than the others. Luckily a gentleman driving directly behind me stopped to help me out and had a large crescent wrench which we used to get those two lug nuts loose with. The blown tire knocked out one of the side lights on my trailer and bent the crap out of the back side of the metal wheel well. Oh, and the bottle jack I have fits under the axle when there's a wheel on the rim, but not when there isn't! So had to use the truck jack to lift the trailer high enough for the bottle jack to fit under the axle.

Oh yeah, I'm also an idiot as I forgot to put the plug in on Saturday and took on about 300-400 gallons before I remembered.

Other than that it was business as usual!
Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-06-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
Matt

two pumps attached to the transom with tubing going to the built in locker tanks. conection is on the top rear of the tank. just remove the clamps and stick the hoses into the sump.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-06-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Matt, you're thinking of the Calabria Pure Vert ballast.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-06-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
Ah ha Brad, as Mark was saying I was thinking of the Calabria. Cheers guys