Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    wakingup            06-14-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
has this happenned to anyone else? when the board is in the racks, the rope gets caught on those flowthrough cutouts. the rope will actually slice thru the board if you don't catch it in time and try to pull someone up.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-14-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
Yep same here luckily it was a demo board and the shop was cool about it.
Old    r_dub            06-15-2004, 6:43 AM Reply   
You know, my first thought when I was checking out the new byerly was, I noticed how thin to end of those cut outs where. You can actually wiggle them back and forth with your hand. I havent ridden one yet, but it seems like a good design. But, I have been waiting to here someone here talk about problems with that. Man, I cant believe the rope will cut through them. I was thinking that I would here some stories about them breaking on sliders.
Old    wakingup            06-15-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
I'm sure sliders would do it... or ramps. I wouldn't recommend this board at a cable park.
Old    blindsiderider            06-15-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
One of my good friends did it to his when we went to out riding. didnt notice the rope until it was to late as we were pulling another rider, sliced right through the notch. Board was 2 weeks old.

(Message edited by blindsiderider on June 15, 2004)
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-15-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
this sounds more like a bad driver problem then a byerly board problem.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-15-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
TJ, it definitely could be prevented by a careful driver... but no other board is going to do that, period.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-15-2004, 6:42 PM Reply   
I agree with TJ. And IMO, the ride is worth the risk. Definitely not a slider board, but for wake to wake the board is SICK. If something as unfortunate as that happens, you know Hyperlite will take care of you too.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-15-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
Right.
Hyperlite will be all about replacing a board due to the rope grinding a notch in their board.

Old    wakingup            06-16-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
are you kidding me?? i thought HL would give me a big FU and tell me to be more careful. has anyone actually told them the truth (about how it happened) and gotten it replaced under warranty?
Old     (chrissocal)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-16-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
to ease the drivers mind, maybe you could make some sort of sleeve to cover that part of the board while its in the racks...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Put the board int the lower rack.....?
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-22-2004, 4:41 AM Reply   
put the board on the passenger side. If you have three boards in the boat put it on the bottom and another on top of it. It is a pain in the ass but the board rides awesome. I have now switched to the 03' Prodigy. I damaged my board when something in the the water nicked the cutout part and the bottom is delaminating. A friend of mine has the prodigy and I thought it rode very similar to the byerly and I found a shop selling new 03 Prodigy's for $170.