Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (hanglooser)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-21-2004, 11:20 PM Reply   
just red the invisble cinema review and I`m very dissappointed from critic. Although he`s right with some facts it`s still one of my favourite videos and I have most of the new ones...
Of course 30minutes running time is not too much, I enjoy the music and the the kind of art, how it is designed. It is really something new! and I`m tiered of all this same looking cadmium videos (just an example) especially the music in those films sucks(in my opinion) Although I like Rap-music it`s boring to hear always the same style...
In my opoinion Invisible cinema is something new which should be supported to be once bigger. I guess IC is one of the films which polarizes, I can understand people who say that`s not my style, but an author of wakeworld should be a little bit varied in his critic.
opinions?
HL

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-21-2004, 11:37 PM Reply   
I thought C-Stack's review was well written, but as with every review for anything, its all personal opinion, Christopher didn't care for the movie, so he wrote what he liked and didn't. How many movie critics have said "such and such" is a great movie and well worth seeing, and then you go and hate it, its all opinionated, and he gave his opinion, there is nothing else he can do.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-22-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
i saw the video the first time while working a boat show last weekend and loved it! i appreciated the different look and sound of it. i feel it is one of the best videos i've seen!
Old    ontrider            01-22-2004, 7:23 AM Reply   
I agree, Invisible Cinema is one of my favourites for sure!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
I completely agreed with Christopher's review - it's like he wrote everything that I felt about the video. I didn't like the random stuff they threw into the riding segments, thought the graphics looked cheesy, and it was WAY too short. I got the video for free and I've watched it maybe twice.

And I also expect to have nice bonus features on a DVD, this one had nothing but crap except for Parks' riding section.
Old    jzwake            01-22-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
I also Agreed with the review. I promptly sold my copy as I had no interest in watching it again.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
I just found it funny that the review came 8 months after the video dropped.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-22-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
siggi - can you elaborate on what you would have liked to have seen (or not seen), in the review? im always open to learning more about what people want from a review.

my basic idea is this: try to give the reader an overview of the content, how much, what kind, etc., the more objective information (the meat and potatoes of the review). and then add a bit of personal opinion for one possible perspective (the seasoning). people will agree or disagree on the view, but at least there's something to feel for or against.

don't listen to travis - you can't trust those boatdrivers!

lol tim!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
Christopher, how about reviewing some of the videos from lesser known companies - Scrubs of the South and Delta Sessions come to mind.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-22-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
Chris I am adding you to Current video mags mailing list, be gentle....
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-22-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
Chris is working on Scrubs as we speak and I did Delta Sessions when it came out (http://www.wakeworld.com/reviews/deltasessions.asp). We've also got Captured in the hopper and Sfumato, Snap, Caguamus and Metronome on deck. Asterisk, Welcome and Underestimated will be added to that list as soon as they are released.

We're just now getting around to a lot of the 2003 videos because our old review guy got too busy to do them. I'm just stoked that we've got Chris on board because I've never seen reviews so thorough and honest in any wake publication before. It's incredibly refreshing to not have every video turn out to be the "best wakeboarding video ever."