Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-08-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
i am purchasing a 95 mastercraft maristar v-drive and was wondering if anybody has ever built there own ballast tanks to fit beside the engine. what i thought of doing is building two tanks(hold 500lbs each)similar to if you were building two live wells in the boat with $15.00 bilige pumps in them for draining. a sack in the ski locker and some kickass pump for filling the whole system
Old    sprucie            11-09-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
Allan, I have the hard tanks from my x10 that I removed when I converted over fatsacs if your interested.

BTW how's the weather in Saskatchewan. I used to fly into Regina alot. We would go to Red Lobster to get out of the cold. I miss LaBatts!
Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-09-2003, 8:58 AM Reply   
what size are those tanks. i ride fairly extreme and am not sure if there would be enough weight with stock tanks(how much they weigh when full)maybe i am just better off to go sacs. part of my problem is that i will be filling and emptying twice a day and want to make system as easy to drain without worrying about kinked lines or air locks. where abouts are you located and how much dollars would you like for the tanks.

the weather is -20 but the labatts is good. i am friends with the local rep. maybe he can hook me up with a couple kegs for the back.
Old    sprucie            11-09-2003, 2:14 PM Reply   
The hard tanks are roughly 200-250lbs(only a guess as MC won't post the actual #'s). I took them out to go with the sacs because I wanted more weight. I don't know how's $20.00ea plus shipping sound?

We used to stay at a hotel downtown that had an indoor pool with a tall waterslide. Seemed pretty popular on the weekend with the locals.

How long is the ski season using a dry/wetsuit?
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-09-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
Hey, I'm interested! Hows $30 plus shipping sound? chris_molidor@countrywide.com Let mw know!
Old    tommyadrian5            11-09-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
what are the dimensions of those tanks?

Old    sprucie            11-12-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
They are standard size MC tanks from an X10. Unsure of their exact dimensions.

Chris I've got to give Allan first refusal.

What about it Allan?
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-12-2003, 5:56 PM Reply   
Fair enough... its already been some time since he last posted. I check in a few times daily. Can we set a time frame?
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-13-2003, 12:06 AM Reply   
Okay, when we are up for this. Is it possible to install the SuperAir Nautique hard tanks in a SuperSport 1997?
If so, then I'm looking for some hard tanks !!! Who can help me out?

Thanks
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-13-2003, 4:24 AM Reply   
Tommy,
you can install the hard tanks from a san years 98-2001 exact fitting, 2002 and up they made the tanks different via the boat rear end is larger. I dont know if the newer wedge tanks would fit the older boats perfectly. IE: the tanks go for $250.00 per portside, $275.00 per starboard, they only hold 500pds of water combined. hope this helps.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-13-2003, 5:26 AM Reply   
Thanks Mike,
Now finding some of those tanks. Anybody ???
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-14-2003, 10:57 PM Reply   
Bruce,

How about it? Doesn't sound like Allan is all that interested... what do you say?