Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    wildman240            11-11-2003, 1:37 PM Reply   
Looking to find out some info. on the Bimini Tops used on tow boats like mastercrafts and malibu. I noticed that they are all lower then the tower by a good bit for room for speakers and lights I'm guessing. Are these like a universal mounting setup for the tops but just sized for these kinds of boats or what. How do they attach, like are they attached to the tower or top of windsheild or what? Trying to figure it out if I would beable to set something up diff. on my boat. I'm getting a tower this winter with a bimini and it folds back like those but it attaches at the back of the tower and then goes forward. Trying to see if I could attach one in a diff. location like on a MC. Thanks a lot. Here's a pic. of how the one attaches on my boat.
Here is a picture of the Bimini folded up and opened. http://www.cobaltboats.com/model_line/220/wppage220.htmlThe folded pic. is in the second row on the right and open pic. is in the third row on the left. Thanks a lot.
Old    whitechocolate            11-11-2003, 2:21 PM Reply   
I have seen Bimini's that Have Plastic mounts that Pop Rivit to the tower (cheezy) and the Bimini legs attach to them. I have a Towerbiminis.com Bimini it has Aluminium clamp's that mount on your tower and are adjustable. You can mount your bimini close to the bottom of the tower or drop it down and leave room for speakers. You can see examples of clamps and hardware on my website located on my profile, Click on the Towerbiminis Photo album
Old    wildman240            11-11-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
Hey Grant Thanks for the the pics. everything I wanted to know. Did they make that cover for you tower speakers too? How long does it take to take your bimini off completly? Just a couple of screws it looks like or what? Is it best to let them have your boat and tower or what? Thanks a lot.
Old    whitechocolate            11-11-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
Towerbiminis made the Speaker cover And to make that they needed the Boat, But for your Bimini they don't need the boat But if you in the Aera Just drop it by they are in Morgan Hill Ca. It takes me about 4-5 to put the bimini up or down
Old    wildman240            11-11-2003, 3:20 PM Reply   
OK thanks a lot just got done looking at your albums good pics man. I don't think I'll be out that way with my boat anytime soon I live in Indiana, but I was just wondering cause the Tower on Cobalts are a bit diff. I guess I'll give them a call and see what they suggest. Thanks a lot. Nice truck too is that your V-rod. Sold my Softail for my boat still trying to figure out if it was worth it or not. Nice installs too, that's next after the tower and PP. Working on setting up a super stereo for the boat. What kind of seperates are those you have? What do you think about MB-Quarts 3-ways by Wake designs. Thanks a lot.

(Message edited by Wildman240 on November 11, 2003)