Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-01-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
My $10 bug sprayer filled with 25% simple green and 75% water. I ran the line out one of my vents on the back. Works great!

Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
I did one of those over a year ago but, I went one step further and put a shraeder valve on the canister and pumped it up my air compressor.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com
Old    jmccallum            10-02-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
Does simple-green attack the rubber at all?

What's in simple-green anyway?
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-02-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
Simple green is a bio-degradable cleaner that disolves in water. I have been using it for 3 years and it has not harmed any of my bindings. You could dilute any binding lube or soap or shampoo and use this setup. I wakeboard with alot of people and nobody ever brings lube so this is cheap, a 64 ounce bottle is like $6 and makes about 3 gallons of lube. Plus you can clean the boat with it or spray people while they are wakesurfing:-)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-02-2003, 7:32 AM Reply   
There's a perfect example of disproving the soap ruining the bindings myth. Simple Green is pretty darn strong so I would think that would eat bindings up if anything.

How well does simple green dissipate when wet?
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-02-2003, 7:51 AM Reply   
Its not that strong, especially when diluted 4 to 1. Simple green dissapates better than any soap or shaving cream I have ever used but not as quick as the "real stuff"
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-02-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
i agree, i've used 50/50 SG & H2O for 3 or 4 yrs, no probs, washes out WAY easier than soap or shaving cream, and better for enviro. i also use it on the vinyl & carpet - works great.

it seems like someone is always convinced they've heard somewhere that every product will tear up your whatever...
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-02-2003, 10:44 AM Reply   
i also think it's a little slicker than "the real stuff".