Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    flipside            06-20-2003, 5:08 PM Reply   
I'm not new to the sport of wakeboarding (been ridin since 97), but I did take a long break...and before that break, I was a beginner when it comes to my trick set. So, I still consider myself a beginner (with maybe one intermediate trick under my belt).

Anyway, right now I have a Liquid Force Evolution 142 (yeah I know, you've probably all heard this before). It's never been ridden before, so I still have full store trade in value for it. I got it more for the fact that I didn't have the cash to dish out on a Belmont when I bought the board.

I talked to one of the employees at the ski shop I got this LF board from, and she actually discouraged me from getting a pro board since beginner (and one intermediate) tricks are more where I am right now.

Now, the Hyperlite Belmont Biolite 141's are only $100 more than this LF board I have, and I can afford to lay out the extra cash now.

Seeing that I am a beginner, would it be better to stick with the Evolution, or would a Belmont do just as well for me? The local ski shop has no Belmont Biolites in stock right now, so that could put a damper on things. But, they do have a 142 TFD DNA. It's $200 extra out of my pocket, but I've heard nothing but GREAT things about that board. I just wonder if the speed and harder landings might be a bit much for me right now.

Thanks

FlipsidE

(Message edited by flipside on June 20, 2003)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
The belmont is a great beginner board, so is the evolution. Either one is good.
Old    flipside            06-20-2003, 5:24 PM Reply   
kristian,

LOL...doesn't help me much. The main factor that's really leading me to keep the LF board is that my local ski shop, where I have the trade in value, is out of Belmont Biolite 141's and DNA 141's. So, I'm kinda SOL right now. What about the TFD's? Those really seem to be much more agressive Intermediate/Advanced and up boards though. They do have a TFD DNA 142 in stock. I really don't like the color scheme too much on that DNA 142, but hey...it's not about how it looks, but how it rides.

FlipsidE

(Message edited by flipside on June 20, 2003)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
Don't bother getting te DNA cores.
It comes down to what you would prefere, hyperlite or LF, you can progress equally well with either the belmont or the Evolution. The Belmont is a higher qulity board (being a pro-model) and if I were you I'd go for it. The TFD is more aggressive than the Belmont and less forgiving. So I'd go with the Belmont.
Old    flipside            06-20-2003, 6:30 PM Reply   
kristian,

Thanks for the advice...and I do agree with you. Question now is...can I wait until they get more Belmonts in before I hit the water...

FlipsidE
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
do you know how long you have to wait?
Old    flipside            06-20-2003, 7:03 PM Reply   
I don't have a clue how long I have to wait, unfortunately. From what the guy on the phone told me today, they make all the orders in like Sept of the previous year. So, all the Belmonts were ordered last year. It's just that Hyperlite ships them out in phases throughout the summer. He's highly confident that they are on order and will be in anytime. But, who knows how long that'll take. Because of medical reasons, I can't ride until a week from today anyway. I REALLY REALLY hope they have another Belmont in stock by then.

FlipsidE
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2003, 7:20 PM Reply   
I would just keep checking. a couple days before you ride ask them if they're getting them in soon. And if they say yes, do the exchange and ride a demo board. or keep the evolution.
whichever, you still have a good setup.
Old    flipside            06-20-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
I'm gonna call again tomorrow. It's not likely that they'll get a shipment in on the weekend, but the weekends are better times for me to drive down there (about 50 miles away). Otherwise, I'll go down there during the week sometime. Hopefully, they'll get some in.

FlipsidE
Old    flipside            06-21-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
Cool...I just called my local shop and got in touch with the guy who actually owns the place. Come to find out that he got a call from the distributor and should be getting a big shipment in on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. He says it's usually the latter and no the earlier, so to call him back on Wed so that he can hold one aside for me.

Cool. Looks like I'll get it in time.

FlipsidE