Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    wh0re            06-02-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
I ride with some people that have a '98 Super Air (I believe that is the right year, might be a '99) and it came with a older version of PP. They thought it sucked ass and never use it. From what I have read though, PP has made some really good advances and they are an absolute joy to use now. Does anyone on here have a similar experience? That is, tried an older version and didn't like it but then tried a new version and loved it? Another question would be how great is the difference between the Cruise and Pro systems? From what I could tell the only real differences are the display and the ability to change between RPM and paddle mode.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
I just bought a 2001 SAN and it came with perfect pass. If it were an option at the time, I would not have gotten it. In fact, I didn't even use it the first few times out because I felt I could hold speed better myself. I was wrong. Perfect pass is the greatest. Now, I can watch my rider and not the speedos, inexperience drivers are no longer scary to ride behind, and I could go on. It takes a little getting used too, but everybody I ride with loves the Perfect Pass.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-02-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
Perfect Pass is a God sent. Easy to use and maintains perfect speed - most of the time. There are a few times when the driver should take over like during double ups, but otherwise it is great. I'm familiar with versions 6 and 6.3. version 6.3 allows you to change speeds while moving where with version 6 you have to be in idle.
Old    lukem            06-02-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
just got a 02 x star, love the perfect pass, wouldnt have another boat with out it. as rootc said you sometimes have to help it in double ups but that is about it.
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-02-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
I don't leave the dock without it...
Old    mark_x9            06-02-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
If your gona drop the cash on a boat you would be a fool not to get perfect pass. My dad has an 02 X-9 and its a sweet boat to ride behind, but perfect pass makes it even better for the driver and the rider. I dont know how all pp work but on ours you can set it off of mph or rpm's and rpm's is much better. Perfect pass is worth the money and then some.
Old    cdubs            06-02-2003, 4:18 PM Reply   
yeah its the best way to drive. i highly recomend it.
Old    ridehyco            06-03-2003, 10:27 PM Reply   
SPeaking of perfect pass...does anyone ever adjust their kdw and nn values?

kdw = the degree of agression in which pp makes speed correction

nn = paddle wheel readings - higher value = more readings per cycle

H
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2003, 5:10 AM Reply   
I would highly recommend it.

Hunt, I was playing with my settings last time out. I'm at 130 for nn and 210 kdw now. Seems to hold within around 3-4 tenths. Still speeds up in the turns though.
Old    kid4jah            06-04-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
Man, I was thinking about getting one of those things but they cost way too much.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
Hunt, is nn more readings per cycle, or is the amount of readings taken before a signal for adjustment is sent. I interpreted the manual to say the latter, but that is all I have to go on (I think the text on that is not clear)

On the PP. Love it. Will never get a boat w/o it again. Can focus on where I am driving and watching the rider and do not have to glance at the speedos constantly. So overall safer and more relaxing driving.
Old    ridehyco            06-04-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
I dunno about nn...i just read the manual and was tlaking to my roommate about it and he thought it was more readings per cycle, which makes sense to me. B/c if it takes say 2 readings per sec, speed could change drastically in that sec between readings. But if it took say 6 readings per sec, you'd probablyt have a more accurate reading of speed for the pp to work off of.

Now I'm pulling alot of ppl around 17.5 to 18.5, and the speed at times, unless i manually zero it in to within .5 mph, jumps around b/c the boat seems to fall of plane. Like if I set it at 17.5, it does fine, until I turn or hit rollers. THen it goes nuts, boucing from 20 to 15 to 20 to 15 and so on. Could I adjust my kdw and nn to fix that?

H
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-04-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
Luke,

PP is worth every dime you spend on it.
Old    evan_nelson            06-04-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
How much is PP? I have a 97 Malibu and would like to get it...
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-04-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
Perfect pass is around 1500 and i have ussed the older one thjat has no display screenb it is a little different to use but it still works great. I would say though that with the digital screen style it is much better. but if the people are not using it then they obviously dont kn9ow how it isnt that hard
Old    evan_nelson            06-04-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
1500...I hope I can talk my dad into getting that...
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2003, 9:42 PM Reply   
I believe it's $1100 if you order it straight from PerfectPass. I heard you can get it cheaper from elberts.com but I'm not sure how true that is. I read a lot about it before I bought it and it is even better than what people are saying. It truely is amazing.

Old    sickboy            06-05-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
Worth every penny.
Old    stevenf            06-05-2003, 11:59 PM Reply   
um i bought a perfect pass installed from my dealer in texas it was 1300 with installation. i ve had it about three weeks. it has yet to perform correctly. it will not hold speed and left us stranded last weekend on the river the fu88ing thing broke my throttle cable the dealer fixed it and im going to try it tomorrow. Perfect pass is from the devil.
Old    x10            06-06-2003, 12:21 AM Reply   
The best option for consistent rides and driver safety; worth every penny.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-06-2003, 1:47 AM Reply   
Steven you got a bad apple, dont know how PP could have broken a throttle cable since your still pulling on it when you accellerate manually, if pp reaches its limit it is only pulling on its own string/cable??
Old    tui            06-09-2003, 11:55 AM Reply   
Actually 2 weekends ago the throttle cable came undone on my friends boat. the perfect pass was really acting up prior to that. But once it was tightened, the boat ran better (more responsive) and the perfect pass was consistent (like it is designed). Boats are sensitive, you have to be concious of what is going on, they are like women, you have to listen to every little sign.
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
Just made adustments this weekend. 85 KDW and 50 NN. Worked way better. Hard pulls in clean water + or - .2
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-09-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
Got ours fixed, it truely is the relationship saver. Now my wife can pull me!!!