Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                04-22-2003, 6:03 PM Reply   
ok well i can do awesome tantrums and land every time but i always have to let got of the rope to do the rotation i think im turning wrong or something but you can see what happens to me when i try to hold onto the rope... help me figure this thing out with the rope, thanks brent
me busting on tantrum
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-22-2003, 6:41 PM Reply   
Did you just fly over the wake like that and are landing in that picture?
Old                04-22-2003, 6:50 PM Reply   
i stared my rotation and just stopped in that position half way across and thats how i land when i try it with the rope
Old                04-23-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
i think you should try to hold the tuck for longer. this will make your rotation faster throughout the trick and give you a better chance of stickin it.

that one looks like it really hurts your neck, respect to the cajonies...
Old                04-24-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
well does any one else have some tip on how to position the handle during the rotation or any specific tip that will help me not stop in mid tantrum.
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-24-2003, 5:16 PM Reply   
to me it's all about speed into the wake, the more speed you get before you flatten off and change edges, the faster you will rotate. Cut out as far as you can, and gun it at the wake, just before the wake flatten off, drop your back hand and look back at the shoreline. If you time it right and have some speed the wake will kick you up and over, without you needing to throw the flip.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-24-2003, 5:55 PM Reply   
brent - i can't even tell what you're saying. you're saying you can do a tantrum if you let go of the rope - but if you hold on, you get up in the air and don't go over? that picture looks like you OVER-rotated. it seems almost impossible that you would land that far over there and not rotate at all. can you show any more pics of the take off?

the way you take off is more important in figuring out what you're doing than the landing. how you take off is how you land. so the only thing i could think here is that when you do it without the handle you're just hucking it - like you'd throw a back flip off the side of a pool, and when you have the rope you just get pulled across because you're too sidewayz at the wake.

although more speed will take you bigger if you're doing it right, i think more speed will just get you more hurt. show us a pic of your take off.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-24-2003, 6:30 PM Reply   
ur head is still up, try looking at the wake over ur back shoulder.
Old                04-24-2003, 6:40 PM Reply   
skydog96 is right it seems to me like u gave up in the move, i bet when u do it without the handle u dont give up the rotation
Old                04-24-2003, 8:51 PM Reply   
ok well i odnt have anypictures off, but i dont think thats it, because i cut hard and flaten out on my way up. i think your right chris cause i think i can huck it. i cant remember what i do until im behind the boat, but i get paralell to the shore drop my back hand and throw my head back... and end up getting tugg by the rope or something at the peak off my air and stopping the rotatio then i fall straigh back and land like so in the picture... i usually only take like 3 trys at it before im so messed up to drive... i think everyones given me ideas on what could be wrong, but im willing to try anything.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2003, 7:30 PM Reply   
brent - i would try forgetting about flattening out at the wake. see my post in this thread http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3184/61957.html?1050716605 about edging up thru the wake. you're probably trying to hard to turn your board at the wake. of course all this is just a guess. if we could see pics (or better yet video), of the begining of the trick we'll be able to see better what's going on.

good luck!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2003, 7:35 PM Reply   
course the other thing i just noticed about that pic is that it seems like your rope is attached to the boat really low. are you using a tow-in hook for the rope?
Old                04-26-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Yeah im going tomarow so ill try and get a picture and a mpeg of it... if my friend brings his camera. but yeah i odnt have a wake board boat. it doesnt mater to me but i hav no tower no fats and my rope and handle are junk. Im going to spend the whole day tomarow trying to work out my rotation.
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-29-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
Go to mikesplace99.com there is some great info on the tantrum there.
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-10-2003, 10:55 PM Reply   
Well, do what i do, Tuck like no onther, also haveing a tight rope helps alot, it allows yuo to open it up more, when i am about mid-flip where yuo are i feel a really hard pull on the rope, this "yankes" me around for the rest of this, it actually was soo hard at first it would pull outta my hand, then i started tossing it a little bit over my lead shoulder and my arm does some weird twisting motion.