Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-10-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
i'm going to call PP tomorrow about this, but wanted to see if i could draw from any experience here too. i'm in the process of installing PP on an older (96) VLX w/ Monsoon 320.

take a look at this pic of my throttle linkage, with the PP servo installed:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tracetrimble/vwp?.dir=/rig&.src=ph&.dnm=104_0449.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3 a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/tracetrimble/lst%3f%26.dir=/rig%26.src=ph%26.view=t

(click on the thumbnail for bigger view)

the throttle linkage comes to the engine from the transom side, over the front of the engine. all the examples that came with my PP instrux show the linkage coming from the back of the engine, over the tranny. i can't attach the servo mount to the water hose as recommended because the cable is too short, and would have too much bend in it.

also, the throttle is spring-loaded to the left, or against the original linkage. the way i'm understanding the PP servo to work is that it needs to pull away from the linkage, and be reeled back in by the cable. it doesn't look like it's even going to work in this configuration?

can someone with PP on a similar vintage Monsoon tell me what i'm missing here? thanks- Trace
Old    papi            04-11-2003, 12:29 AM Reply   
Hey Trace,
I sent you e-mail... Picture was too big to upload. If you need more help you can e-mail them at: techsupport@perfectpass.com

They were very responsive..
-chris
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-17-2003, 6:24 AM Reply   
had to change the throttle to a pull-type by moving the cable & bracket to the tranny side and rearranging the Morse control head a little. after that, the installation was cake.

been playing with the settings for the best pull... if you're running a VLX with around 2K lbs, where is your KDW & NN set? my KDW is at 100 right now, and NN is default. how close should i expect it to hold speed? do you find it takes about 30 sec to "settle" after you pull up or make a turn? thx-