Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-02-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
I don't get their thoughts on the weird seating layout. In the video Zane says they wanted to get boat passengers to be able to interact with the surfers better but with the design the person sitting in the back corner has to be facing forward or twisted around weird in an uncomfortable position to interact with the rider. It seems like a good idea with poor execution. Kind of sounds like an engineer's idea that looks ok on paper but in real world use it doesn't work as good. I guess you could say the boat might fit another couple of people but who really needs more room on a 24.5' open bow boat?

I have no idea how much space their is above the engine but with boats these days getting bigger/deeper I wonder if a better alternative is to have the traditional 'U' shaped wrap around and have the sundeck sit a foot or so below the outer deck? Then you would have an entire(one level) back deck that goes all the way to the transom and the width of the boat but would have a foot tall wrap around so you are kind of in the boat? I am not sure if I communicated that idea that well but if you look at an MB for example there is at least a foot between the sunpad and the top of the engine. If they kept the deck exactly as is but dropped that sunpad a foot would that give them an area that could be lounged on but also sat on while surfing? I am not sure if that would be considered in the boat for legal purposes but if it could be that would be awesome. They could also incorporate some angled pads around the outside so you have a headrest kind of like you were in a lounger.

Last edited by polarbill; 07-02-2013 at 7:48 AM.